cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Is it possible to add an old BT email account from when I was with BT a few years ago?

Go to solution

Hi !

I still have some old        ******@btinternet.com    email addresses from a few years ago.  I have just joined BT again after finally escaping VM and wanted to know if it is possible to add them or import them to my new account.  I went through the Help page and tried this, but can't get it to work.

I first went to the email page and put the email addresses in, answered the security questions and changed the passwords.  So my old email accounts are somewhere on BT.

I can't log in using IMAP or SMTP/POP3 from my email program.  It says the new password is wrong.

Unfortunately I can't get in to the email accounts if I try logging in via the BT site with the  *****@btinternet.com  and password for each one, it just says  "loading" and then goes back to the main page stating I am not logged in to the email service.

It would be great to have them back again, even if I could pay for this!

Any advice?  If it's a "no, you can't do it"  I'll be stuck with outlook.com.  It's so annoying BT doesn't offer email addresses with new accounts now.  I am missing reliable email.

Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Is it possible to add an old BT email account from when I was with BT a few years ago?

Go to solution

If the email accounts have not been used in the last 150 days they will have been deleted and can not be recovered.

BT no longer offer email accounts to new customers and as you are a "new" BT Broadband customer you will not have the option to have a BTMail email account and as such you will not be able to reinstate or reuse the "old" email addresses.

See link.

Why has my email address been suspended or deleted? | BT Help

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Re: Is it possible to add an old BT email account from when I was with BT a few years ago?

Go to solution

Thanks for the reply, I was amazed when it still knew the old ones and let me change the passwords!   

It's more like a few years since I used them, so no chance of getting them back.

Please BT - bring back email !!!

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Don't waste your bytes pleading ... BT are not interested in customers!

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

@OH24 wrote:

Thanks for the reply, I was amazed when it still knew the old ones and let me change the passwords!   

It's more like a few years since I used them, so no chance of getting them back.

Please BT - bring back email !!!

There is absolutely no compelling reason that I am aware of why you would need a BT email address.

There are other email suppliers such as Gmail, Yahoo, Microsoft's Outlook.com etc that you can use and they have the added bonus of not being tied to a broadband supplier which allows you to move broadband supplier with out fear of loosing your email account.

As regards BT bringing back email, that ain't going to happen.

0 Ratings