cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Jumping Cursor when replying

When replying to emails, the cursor constantly jumps back to the start. This is very irritating! Are there any fixes? It does not happen when composing a new email.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Jumping Cursor when replying

There have been many posts about that.

See this thread.

BT Webmail Feedback v2 (post 16th April release) - BT Community

BT are aware of it but as yet there are no fixes other than compose in Word and copy and paste into your email.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Just use an email client like Thunderbird, which is free. That completely bypasses BT's disfunctional webmail
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

The jumping cursor is just one of a number of problems with the new email (webmail). I had got so fed up with no real progress to fix it I made a complaint. The patronising reply I got could be summed up as folllows, 'we know its broken, we don't really care and suggest you use a mail client'. Makes me think BT want to drop providing an email service.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

This is intensely annoying and interrupts the flow of typing. Surely, an organisation as large and adept as BT can fix it? If not, you're going to lose customera and fast.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Unless you have a pressing need to access your BTMail account on a web browser why not try using an email client or app such as Thunderbird. You use still use your BTMail account but you access it differently and you will find it has none of the issues you have when using a web browser.

If you use a mobile phone you are most likely using an email app 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

This problem of the cursor jumping back to the top left corner was supposedly fixed about two months ago. But it's suddenly reappeared this week. It seems to be connected with the timed 'save' of an e-mail in progress of composition, and happens most often just before  '1 new message' appears.

I suppose something else was fixed last month, and that has brought the cursor problem back.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Thanks. I wish they'd sort it completely. It's especially a pain for touch typists, but can't be fun for anyone.

0 Ratings