cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Legitimate emails going into the spam folder

Go to solution

Hi, I have noticed just recently more genuine and important emails ending up in the spam folder on the main server. This is also recently happening to a friend, and I just wondered if the BT spam filters are working more aggressively and not letting more “non spam “ email through from the server to your PC email account.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Legitimate emails going into the spam folder

Go to solution

Hi @hubbys,

Thank you for posting. If you take a look at Using BT Mail's anti-spam features you'll find some information around how BT's Anti-Spam features work.

Occasionally legitimate emails might be sent into your spam folder, this may be because other users have marked similar emails as spam. It's always a good idea to check your Spam folders to make sure no legitimate emails have been sent there.

If you find a legitimate email in your spam folder, if you mark that as "not spam" and add it to as a safe sender, this should stop email from that address from being sent to spam.

Thanks

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Hi Paddy,

Thanks for looking into this and the info. 
Much appreciated,

Paul C.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

I have the same problem - many emails from senders who I've received emails from for years with no problem, are now ending up in spam.  Do I really have to check spam several times a day and mark each one as a 'safe sender' or is there a quicker way?  What's changed in the last 2 months to cause this to suddenly happen?  

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

@pmc9 wrote:

I have the same problem - many emails from senders who I've received emails from for years with no problem, are now ending up in spam.  Do I really have to check spam several times a day and mark each one as a 'safe sender' Yes, but you only need to do it once for each sender or is there a quicker way? No What's changed in the last 2 months to cause this to suddenly happen?  

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Many thanks, although  I still find it strange (and annoying!) that this has suddenly started happening. 

0 Ratings