cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 161 of 175

Re: Links in emails not opening in new browser tabs

Go to solution

@acemarkwrote:

Years ago if you wanted to change your mobile phone provider it could only be done by changing your number so most stayed with their provider until Ofcom made it possible to keep your number when changing providers at no cost.

It was mainly due to the invention of the SIM. Prior to that tiny card that fits in your phone, the phone number was locked to the phone, whereas once SIM cards had been invented, it made the possibility of having a portable phone number... (My 1st mobile phone bought in 1989, a Motorola 8800x 'brick' could not technically have had the number transferred)

0 Ratings
Message 162 of 175

Go to solution

Hi All,

Thanks to everyone that let us know about the change of behaviour around opening links in a new tab.

The issue has been fixed now. You'll also notice that the same issue has been fixed for us here on the Community.

Thanks
DanielS

Message 163 of 175

Go to solution

All we have to do now is find out what they broke fixing it 😂😂😂

Message 164 of 175

Go to solution

@licquoricewrote:

All we have to do now is find out what they broke fixing it 😂😂😂

I also feel that if I could work out how to generate 17 pages of a response on this forum for my query, they may also increase the exceptionally small and arbitrary limit of 300Kb for a WebMail email body LOL 🤣 Still, nice to have the link issue fixed...

0 Ratings
Message 165 of 175

Go to solution

I am looking in the small print for the apology.

This  happened two weeks ago, and they are thanking us for letting them know we had a problem !

Don't they use BT Mail themselves ?

Why didn't they advise their customers that it had happened instead of letting people waste their time finding out for themselves, and having to google the problem to find not an answer but just more people with the same problem.

And why didn't they email us to tell us it had been fixed ?

0 Ratings
Message 166 of 175

Go to solution

@DCSwrote:

I am looking in the small print for the apology.

This  happened two weeks ago, and they are thanking us for letting them know we had a problem !

Don't they use BT Mail themselves ?

Why didn't they advise their customers that it had happened instead of letting people waste their time finding out for themselves, and having to google the problem to find not an answer but just more people with the same problem.

And why didn't they email us to tell us it had been fixed ?

I simply can't understand the origin of your vitriol and anger. A simple fault developed, which to put into perspective  wasn't life threatening, and it was fixed. Why can't you just accept that sometimes (often actually), things in life don't go the way you want. You'll burst a blood vessel at that rate. I also doubt that anyone at BT uses WebMail. It's all now fixed, and with you responding within minutes of it being announced, a separate email would be totally superfluous...

Message 167 of 175

Go to solution

Simple faults in software do not develop by themselves, they are man-made. It's far short of vitriol and anger. Of course, it is not life-threatening.  I am questioning the poor service and the lack of communication from the supplier. The message was only for community users. What about the others who had this thrust upon them ? What are you an expert of ? Defending BT ?

0 Ratings
Message 168 of 175

Go to solution

@DCSwrote:

It's far short of vitriol and anger. Of course, it is not life threatening I am questioning the poor service and the lack of communication from the supplier. The message was only for community users. What about the others who had this thrust upon them ? What are you an expert of ? Defending BT ?

I'm not an 'expert', just a human being displaying a bit of empathy as I have been in a work place when things have gone wrong, and have worked hard on a solution. I have no need to defend BT, I pay them £90/year for my email service which is pretty much extortionate as it should not incur anywhere hear that cost, but, I rely on that service & would be lost without it.

The others' you speak of, think of this. If your power supplier suffered a power cut, then, managed to restore supply, would you like them to post you a letter saying power was now working, or, would you just turn on a light switch.

Bored now, respond if you wish to have the last word, but I won't be participating...

0 Ratings
Message 169 of 175

Go to solution

My electricity supplier does exactly that. By text and email. One for when it happens, one for how long it will take to fix it, and one for when it's restored.

0 Ratings
Message 170 of 175

Go to solution

Same  here, all working as it used to.

Thank you to whoever sorted it out.

🙂