cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Locked out of email- help!

Hi there,

Sorry coming here as a bit of a last resort. 
I created a btinternet email over 10 years ago, I still have access via the Apple Mail app but am unable to login on any new device. 

I’ve been told the pword I have is incorrect and can’t remember my security answer, so I keep locking my account. This is my main email account but it’s not associated with a broadband/telephone account. 

please could someone help? 

thanks, 

Samantha

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Locked out of email- help!

Do you have BT Broadband or are you paying for your email account via a BT Premium email account?

If neither of the above you will have a BTMail basic account and this can not be used with an email client or email app. It can only be used with a web browser.

You may be fortunate that it is still working via your Apple Mail app but this can be stopped at any time and it will not be able to set up on any new email apps or if you were to delete it from your Apple mail app and try to set it up again.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Hi there, 

I don’t have a broadband or premium account. 

ah thanks, does this mean I should start migrating stuff away from my BT internet email?

I had no idea!

thanms

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

It means what I have said. You will be on a free BTMail basic account which can only be used on a web browser and not with an email app.

0 Ratings