cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

I am in the dreaded log in loop. The page tells me that the log in page is changing, but not how to find the new page. I try changing password, but it then just loop back to the login page even with the new password. I depend on this email for my work as I have had it for 30 years so I don’t wish to change, but may have to if it is no longer reliable.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Log in loop

Try clearing the history and cookies from your web browser then restart the browser.

The log on page is as per this link.

BTMail 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

THanks but this is the page I have been using. I have cleared the history and cookies but the problem persists. I have also tried using the log in via my bt but that switches to the loop as well. Unfortunately from the messages in the forum and the experience across my family this is something that is a regular problem that just needs fixing please.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

I've was having log in problems to email for nearly 12 months. I used to use the BT home page and log in to whichever service I wanted to use Email or My BT. I was advised to use the separate email log in page, still had internmittent problems.  The email log in frequently logged me in to MyBT. or went on a loop. I contacted Tech Solutions on line, was told to deleted cookies, cache and history, sometimes that works, sometimes it doesn't. I took to leaving it for up to an hour and trying again and sometimes that worked. I posted my problem here and RobbieMac passed on my complaints to Tech, they phoned, said they'd checked it and it was OK their end, it must be my PC as it's older and outdated. Yep, maybe but since then it's been working much better, hardly a problem with log in since.  I've had problems again today, checked here and see you're having problems with log in on a loop.  Email  logged in to MyBT, deleted cch, now, EM is on on log in loop.  I haven't used BT over the weekend but am aware that Thursday or Friday last week the BT Home page was down for 'Maintenance', but I could access email on the day. Seems it's most likely the maintenance has upset the whole system again.

I've typed this reply,  re-done the cch delete and email has logged me in. The mind boggles at the wonders of tech, great when it works, a pain in the proverbial when it has a mind of it's own. Good luck.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They will advise you by posting on this thread.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Hi @Salopian1,

Thank you for posting. I'm sorry if you're stuck in a log-in loop. If you send me your details, I'll get this investigated.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact the team.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings