cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Login to BT mail just loops

Go to solution

My daughter changed her password to BT mail and now if she tries to login it just loops back yo login page. It isn't an issue with the pwd or id as it does not bring up the error message. If you enter a wrong pwd the error message does appear.

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Login to BT mail just loops

Go to solution

Has she tried clearing the history and cookies from her web browser?

Has she tried using her "old" password?

If the email account was set up by you is the password managed via your MyBT or did you gift the email account to her and she manages the email account through her own MyBT or is she a BR Broadband account holder and set up her own email account from her own BT Broadband account?

How did she change the password? Was it through her MyBT or did she log onto the email account and then click on her user name at the top right then click on "Account Info" then "Change password".

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

When she went to log in last night she received a message stating that there had been a suspected security breach and a link to change her pwd. She has cleared her history/cache etc. and tried her previous pwd, without any success.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

Try a different browser or better still a different device if possible

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution
Both have been tried unsuccessfully.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

Have you tried a mail client instead of using webmail? the default Windows one is as good as any to test with

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

@trj977 wrote:

When she went to log in last night she received a message stating that there had been a suspected security breach and a link to change her pwd. She has cleared her history/cache etc. and tried her previous pwd, without any success.

If you can not log onto the email account on a browser (webmail) it is likely that there is a problem at BT's end and may cause a problem if you try to set up an email client at this stage so I would advise against trying that.

I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are very busy at present so it can take up to 48 hours for them to contact you. They will do this by posting on this thread.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @trj977,

I'm sorry your daughter isn't able to get into her email. If you send me the details, I'll be able to get this investigated.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact the team.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @trj977 

Thanks for taking my call this evening.

Really happy this has been resolved by our email teams and the login loop has been rectified.

Thanks

Stuart

0 Ratings