cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

Mail Server not responding

Go to solution

I’ve been unable to access emails since Friday. Receiving the message ‘the mail server mail.btinternet.com is not responding’. 

I’ve tried searching other answers in the community but still no luck. I cannot access any webmail either so that option is out too. 

I don’t have a BT account as such…just retained my email address a couple of years ago. 

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Mail Server not responding

Go to solution

If you are not a BT Broadband customer or paying for your email through a BT Premium email account your email account will either have been deleted by BT of at best "downgraded" to the BTMail Basic account.

The BTMail Basic account can not be accessed using an email client/app. It can only be accessed using a web browser.

See link

BT Email products | Types of BT Emails | BT Help

To establish which has possibly happened to your email account, do you have a BTID and can you log onto your MyBT and go to "My Products" and then "Email, Manage". Once there do you see your email account and if so, what type and status does it give?

EDIT: I note that you were given a BT Premium email account for free in 2018. Is that the account that you are using?

Re: Move email address to another BTID - BT Community

Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @gg30340 

Yes using the Premium Email account from 2018 and can’t access using BTID

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

Have you tried to access your email using a different network such as at a friends house or using a mobile device using 3/4g? 

Does your email account show up in your MyBT even if you can not access it?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

Yes have tried on 4g and was actually in Tenerife when this happened. Worked fine up til Friday ( had been there for 6 days already) so was working ok on different networks (both Wi-Fi and 4g). 

I can’t see it at all on MyBT…very strange. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are very busy at present so it can take up to 48 hours for them to contact you. They will do this by posting on this thread.

Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @ronnieturner, welcome back, and sorry that you're getting this error with your email account.

I've sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch with the Mod team and we'll be happy to help you get this fixed.

cheers

John

Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @ronnieturner 

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me today.

Sorry for the recent problems accessing your mailbox.  As explained, your mailbox was showing as compromised.  Thank you for following the journey to reset your password - I am really pleased that you have access again and that this is sorted out.

I'll go ahead and close this off from my side now that you have access again, as agreed.  If you need help or have a question about your BT services in future feel free to come back on here as you're more than welcome 😁

All the best,

Robbie

Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

I too have this issue but only on my iPad and iPhone - emails on My BT but not transferring onto phone.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

@Esme1 wrote:

I too have this issue but only on my iPad and iPhone - emails on My BT but not transferring onto phone.

In which case can you answer the same questions that were asked to the OP of this thread and post the answers in order to try and establish what the problem may be.

0 Ratings