cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 14

Mail Server not responding

On my Apple iphone email I am getting "Cannot get Mail, the mail server "mail.btinternet.com" is not responding. I can send mail ok. Changed my password and then deleted my email account on iphone and set it up again but still same.

I checked this forum and someone had exact same problem, there had been some sort of account "compromise". This might make sense as i'm in the USA on holiday, not really used Cell service, just been using wifi. Yesterday i switched on the Cellular service for the day which was pretty much the same time my email receiving stopped working.

Not sure what else to try or wait until i get back to UK next week ? 

FYI, i am using daughters laptop to access my BT email via web, so not end of the world yet !

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Re: Mail Server not responding

Are you a BT Broadband customer or paying for your email through a BT Premium email account.

If neither of the above your email account will have been downgraded to a BTMail basic account which can only be accessed using a web browser and not by an email client/app. 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 14

I am a BT customer and I am also having issues. It's not working on my iPhone, my mum's iPad or my mum's laptop 

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 14

Mine has packed up also 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 14

@Puddleduck94

Please start your own thread. Jumping on another persons thread only leads to confusion as to who any replies are intended for.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 14

I am both a BT Broadband and Phone customer,  does that mean it’s something more complicated ?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 14

Hi @NickColeman1962  thanks for your reply and you should be able to access your emails ok on other devices.

Are you still experiencing this problem?

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 14

Hi John, still no luck using the iPhone email app so only able to access via Safari web browser on iPhone e right now. 
is there something else I need to do like reset password, delete/reinstall account ?

many thanks

nick

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 14

@gg30340 🙄

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 14

Hi @NickColeman1962,

Thank you for replying. I'm sorry that hasn't worked. Have you tried the BT Email App to see if that works okay?

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings