cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Mail sent not recieved

I have a client who uses an iPhone (at least v12) he has been sending mail to me for the last several years with no problems. But as of mid Aug I stopped receiveing any mail from them. He gets no bounce/error msg on the iPhone. He can send to other people. I can send mail to him. I use a full exchange mail account, there are no errors on my account.

Any thoughts? (He has been into the Apple shop, they find no problems)

T/Y

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Mail sent not recieved

Do you use a BT email account?

If you are a BT account holder have you checked your blocked senders list.

Log onto your BTMail account using a browser, not an email client/app, and then click on your username at the right hand side. Select "Settings" then go to the left hand side and select "Mail". Scroll down and click on "Blocked Senders". Scroll down the list until you find the one you want to unblock and select it. Click on "delete".

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

I dont use a BT mail account, my client does, there are no errors my end and no blocked addresses

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

I am presuming that your client is using an email app on his iPhone.

Has your client tried sending an email by logging onto his email account using a browser (webmail)?

Is it only your email address that he sends to and is not received, obviously I realise that if he is not getting an error or failed delivery message he might be unaware if they are not being received. 

As far as you are aware do you have a problem with any other BTMail senders not getting through to your account?

It would be better if your client posted on the forum so that if forum members can not resolve the problem it can be referred to BT.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

You could say my client is technically chalanged, he doesnt use a PC, only a mobile and wouldnt know how to access his mail account in the mobile browser.

I think its likely that he inadvernatly set a block on my email account. he has no resorted to use WhatsApp to connect with me 😞

T/y

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Blocked emails on the BT email account only block emails from being received not from sending to that address which because you have stated he can receive your emails it won't be his blocked list that is causing this.

Unless his email app has some sort of blocking function it sounds more likely that there is either a block at your end or if he is using the "reply to" function it is a problem there.

Can you get him to reply to your email by entering your email address manually instead of using the reply to function.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

There is no block on my end, I've checked the exchange  logs and the mail is not being recieved.

I have asked him to send a new email to me (not reply to any existing mail) and also have sent an email to him requesting he replies to that, but whichever method I recieve nothing.

He claims he can send mail to other people with no issues and I have been receiveing mail from him for the last 10 years or so, up to about 20 days ago

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

If he is sending and getting no notification regarding it not being delivered or that his AV has blocked it and he has no issues with any other person he sends to I feel that the block is at your end either by your email supplier blocking it as spam prior to it getting to you or something on your system is blocking it.

The only other thing I can suggest is that you both turn off your router for 30mins and when you turn them back on you will hopefully be connected to different email server that allows the email through.

He should also try it using a browser to see if that works to eliminate his email app.

Other than that I am out of ideas. 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

I have a full MSExchange mail account,the logs have been checked and there is no mail received from him, or being bounced, or stopped by spam/AV

0 Ratings