cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Managing spam e-mail messages

I keep receiving the same spam e-mail messages where the domain name changes.  I know I can select the e-mail, then click on more... then mark as spam and block the domain.  The problem is they are trying to get around that my sending the same messages every day but from a different domain.

One consistent thing seems to be the domain starts with "masterin" and then follows on with other random characters.

I was hoping that I'd be able to select *@masterin*.com using a * at the end but that was rejected as it's not a valid e-mail address.

In the meantime I have created a rule which checks any e-mail with those characters in the domain and moves it to the spam folder, but in rules you can't mark it as spam.

I know I could set up a rule in Outlook and that may be the solution, but that isn't ideal and I wondered if there might be a more effective way to handle it.  Any ideas would be welcome  🙂 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Managing spam e-mail messages

Have you tried to unsubscribe from it?
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

No I didn't want to click on unsubscribe because some unscrupulous spam companies then know your e-mail is genuine and then they bombard you with even more rubbish. I'm hoping to find a better solution, but thanks for your reply.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Indeed some links could be malicious or infected.
I just want to mention the fact that when you open the email they already know your emails is exist and genuine. (better not to open it at all)
they implant some sort of tracking.
I was trying to find solutions myself but spammers always get their ways through.
I hope next updates concern spam filters as well.
have a nice day.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

>Indeed some links could be malicious or infected.
>I just want to mention the fact that when you open the email they already know your emails is exist and genuine.(better not to open it at all) they implant some sort of tracking. I was trying to find solutions myself but spammers always get their ways through. I hope next updates concern spam filters as well. have a nice day.>>>>

Thanks for your reply. That's interesting.  I didn't think any response would be sent back to the sender just by opening the e-mail. Are you sure about that?  I know they would be notified if I clicked on a link or opened an attachment.

My understanding was that when they send an e-mail, if it doesn't bounce back as undelivered then they can assume it was a genuine e-mail address.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Spammers and any one else who is interested can tell if you have allowed images or graphics within the email to be downloaded automatically.

You should set your email to not download images automatically. In BTMail you can do that by logging onto your email account and going to settings which are found by clicking on your user name at the top right.

Once there go to "Block Images" on the left hand side and select which setting you would prefer. If you block images you will be given the option to open then after you have opened the email if you discover it is a "safe" email.

0 Ratings