cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Move emails from spam to inbox automatically

Recently many of my emails have been directed to spam. It started about 2 weeks ago.

I want all emails received  by BT to be downloaded to my client (outlook, pop2) where I can sort out any spam.

I had resolved this issue by setting up an email rule to copy all emails to the inbox. This was working until about 2 weeks ago. Now, any rule which copies to the inbox isn't working. 

As a result many emails are incorrectly directed to spam and I have to log in to webmail to retrieve them. I can't see any logic as to which are sent to spam.

I think the rules system has been updated and now there is a problem.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Move emails from spam to inbox automatically

You would have been better to set Outlook to use the IMAP protocol and you would have been able to check your spam folder from Outlook and just moved any incorrectly categorised emails into your Inbox.

If you do decide to change Outlook to IMAP check that all your emails are still on the BT servers via webmail before deleting your POP3 account.

As regards your problem have you tried deleting the rules and setting them up again?

Have you added the senders email address of the wrongly marked spam to your "Safe Senders" list?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Re: Move emails from spam to inbox automatically

I am happy with POP2 and it has been working perfectly for many years and it suits the way I work. I am hoping there is a bug with the email rules that can be fixed.

Using safe senders isn't really convenient because I still have to log into webmail to see if there any emails in spam.

I have tried changing the rules in various ways. I can set rules to copy emails into other folders, just not the inbox. The option is there so it should be possible. 

It looks as though there has been an update to the rules because previously the name of a rule could contain the space character, now that is not possible.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

How do I report a general problem with email rules?

The rule to move an email to the inbox doesn't seem to be working. I think this is a general problem. How do I report it?

0 Ratings