cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 1

Moved emails from inbox to a temp. folder to prevent downloading - still they downloaded !!

So I moved a selection of emails from the inbox to a temp. folder within "My Folders" in order to prevent them from downloading to the POP3 mail client. Sure enough they appeared in the temp. folder and disappeared from the inbox as one might expect. But they still downloaded regardless!!

As it happens I have this mail account set to retain a copy on the server, so they are still there. But what would have happened otherwise? Would they be deleted from the temp. folder, I wonder? (Guess I'll find out by trial and error with another account..., when I've time.)

I also have a "1" message indicated for the drafts folder since a many hours earlier, but I know there should be no drafts because all messages were sent long ago (I've had replies in since). I've seen this before. Usually, if I go to the drafts folder there will be nothing there and the "1" will then shortly disappear. Such happens very often! But this time it's still hanging around, timed at the same time as the sent copy in the "Sent" box. A ghost!

Add signature to an outgoing message no longer works without a work-around. Answer "no" to change to plain text and no signature appears. One has to first answer "yes" and then "no" when the all formatting will be lost message appears. Two (somewhat illogical) steps just to add a simple signature.

The first migration from BTYahoo was awful, this latest varient is an disgrace. How come everytime things just get worse? At least BTYahoo was functional. Why can BT not just go and licence something that works rather than keep meddling around trying to enact a system which is showing itself to be beyond their reasonable capabilities? This has been going on for years with no real success, all of which must be horrendously costly as well as frustrating for both BT and their bill paying customers. In the nicest possible way, surely BT should have realised by now that it's time to give up and move on?

Even this forum gives rise for concern:

"Please correct the highlighted errors and try again."

"Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied."

Really? It just comprised the text I'd typed with the keyboard.

0 Ratings