cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Moving email addresses between accounts

Go to solution

When I moved to full fiber, BT decided to do so as a new account. I have just had a most unpleasant conversation with someone at the BT value team where he shouted at me that to close my old account and keep my email addresses I had to pay £7.50pm for each address. Can I move email addresses from an old account to a new account at no cost. Does anyone know?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Moving email addresses between accounts

Go to solution

BT are no longer supplying email to new customers.

As you are not a "new" customer and you presently have BT email addresses you have been given incorrect information.

You can associate your email addresses to your "new account".

See link how to do that.

Can I move my BT email address to another account? | BT Help

See this link also.

Solved: Moving Premium Email to Broadband Account - BT Community

If you have any problems post back for further assistance.

Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Thankyou for your quick reply. However the help text says that you have to have one email address at the gaining account and, of course, I can no longer create one

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Try calling 0330.1234.150 to see if they can do it for you. If they say the can not do it post back for further assistance.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Thankyou for your help. I have received help from BT Technical and been able to transfer all 3 of my email accounts. For the benefit of anyone else in the same boat, this option is in small type at the end of  the “Your Products” page. I had missed it.

0 Ratings