cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Moving Premium Email to Broadband Account

Go to solution

I've just come back to BT Broadband and have had Premium Email for many years.  Is there any benefit in moving my email addresses over to my Broadband Account?

The FAQ's seem to contradict themselves when I try to get answers to my questions.  The only constant is that there is no 'Free' email anymore.

Basically, if I migrate all my Premium Email Addresses over to my Broadband Account will I still have all the Premium functions like creating new email addresses etc,?  I don't want to lose any functionality, just pay one bill instead of 2.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Moving Premium Email to Broadband Account

Go to solution

A few facts.

There is free email, Basic Mail, which is only accessible via a browser.

There are no 'Premium' functions, it is just the name given to the paid for version of standard mail for customers without BT broadband.

You will be unable to create new accounts whatever version you opt for as BT have stopped new accounts being created.

If you are paying for your email, move them to your broadband account to avoid the charges.

Message 3 of 6

Go to solution
I just created a new email as a test and that function still exists. When I tried to import it into my Broadband and it failed saying BT Email is no longer available!

They are still selling Premium Email as a stand alone product which is what I have. It appears that I have to stick with that then.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Sorted it myself.  Maybe mine was an old product but I've managed to move all my addresses over to the Broadband Account without losing the ability to create more (up to 11) and I don't pay the £7.50 a month any more.  Resorted to the old fashioned telephone and BT were very helpful.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Did you use this procedure.

https://www.bt.com/help/email/manage-email-account/can-i-move-my-bt-email-address-to-another-account....

BT stated 

• From 26 October BT Email will no longer be offered to customers who take BT Broadband packages. For customers who have not already set up the service, the option to do so will no longer exist in MyBT.  Existing BT Broadband customers who already have a BT Email service activated, can continue to use it as they do today including the ability to create additional email addresses up to the 11 permitted.

It makes no mention of transferring a BT Premium email account however as you already have an email account it would seem reasonable that it should be able to be transferred. 

I will ask a moderator to comment.

EDIT. Post crossed with above.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Yes, thanks.  I had viewed all the FAQ's and that one was the most confusing!  That was the reason I started asking questions before migrating.  On the phone there was no mention of that and the migration worked perfectly with no loss of function.

0 Ratings