cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 14

Moving from BT to EE

I know there are many posts on this topic but can someone clarify the following as I’m still not sure. If I want to move from BT broadband to EE should I register under my existing EE account (I have EE mobile) or do I register with MyBT email address? I want to still be able to fully access my BT email addresses and I assume it’s the latter? If I were to register with my EE account would my BT email be downgraded to basic? 

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Re: Moving from BT to EE

try phoning the retentions team 08007831401  or the broadband team 08000790544 and they should be able to help you move to EE and if still in contract avoid the early termination charges

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 14

Your email accounts will stay as a Standard email account. You will need to manage them using your MyBT not via EE.

See message 1 of this link.

What happens to my BT Email and BT Cloud if I move... - BT Community

Message 4 of 14

Thanks for the help so far. I’m also an EE mobile customer. What’s not clear to me is when migrating to EE from BT for my broadband I should register it with my ee email address I use for my ee mobile or register it with my bt email address which I use for MyBT sign in? I have read on here in other posts that it’s the MyBT email but when I phone 150 for info I’m told it’s my email I use for ee?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 14

Register it with the BT email.

You still keep the email and sign into MyBT to manage the email account if you need to make more addresses up to the standard limit 

Message 6 of 14

Ok but that will mean I have two EE accounts? One for my mobile and the new one for broadband. I was hoping to have just the one EE account but behind the scenes my bt internet email(s) would be linked together. It is the latter scenario that the EE customer service team are telling me will (automatically) happen? Who is correct?  EE themselves or customers who have already gone through the pain? I am struggling to get a definitive answer. 

*update* It gets more confusing. Phoned EE and I have now been told that if I switch over to EE my bt email will become basic and there are only two types of email - basic and premium, there is no standard.  I said my wife has a bt email address via her ee mobile and her email is standard as she can access it via her mobile. I was told that my wife’s email will be downgraded to basic in the upcoming months and this would apply to others with similar unless they pay for premium. See why I am still confused!?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 14

@boogersa wrote:

*update* It gets more confusing. Phoned EE and I have now been told that if I switch over to EE my bt email will become basic and there are only two types of email - basic and premium, there is no standard.  I said my wife has a bt email address via her ee mobile and her email is standard as she can access it via her mobile. I was told that my wife’s email will be downgraded to basic in the upcoming months and this would apply to others with similar unless they pay for premium. See why I am still confused!?

The EE Customer Service reps are wrong and are giving you bad information.

As has already been stated and confirmed by a BT moderator your email account will remain as a "standard" account. If you subsequently leave EE and go to another provider in that instance it will be downgraded to a basic account.

If you do not believe what you have been told on this forum there really is no point in posting about it any further as you have already been given the correct answer and no matter what the incompetent EE reps tell you this will not change. 

Message 8 of 14

You’re assuming I don’t believe what I’m told? I’m just stating that what I’m being told is slightly confusing. I’ve being told something by EE employees vs what’s on a community forum which I have not used very often then I have to go by EE employees surely? I don’t know the “weight” of this site and tell an EE employer that they’re wrong because 

maybe, just maybe this site is wrong? Is that sacrilege ? You’re pointing me to other posts in the past which are maybe out of date and inaccurate now? How do you know differently? Are you an EE/Bt employee? I again don't disbelieve what I’m being told in this forum that’s your opinion but I will post what ever I want, when I want and I’ll leave it to a moderator to decide as I don’t think you need to concern yourself with other people posting “pointless” posts.  Otherwise what’s the point of this other than to help those in need?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 14

@boogersa wrote:

You’re assuming I don’t believe what I’m told? I’m just stating that what I’m being told is slightly confusing. I’ve being told something by EE employees vs what’s on a community forum which I have not used very often then I have to go by EE employees surely? I don’t know the “weight” of this site and tell an EE employer that they’re wrong because 

maybe, just maybe this site is wrong? Is that sacrilege ? You’re pointing me to other posts in the past which are maybe out of date and inaccurate now? How do you know differently? Are you an EE/Bt employee? I again don't disbelieve what I’m being told in this forum that’s your opinion but I will post what ever I want, when I want and I’ll leave it to a moderator to decide as I don’t think you need to concern yourself with other people posting “pointless” posts.  Otherwise what’s the point of this other than to help those in need?

If as you say "I’ve being told something by EE employees vs what’s on a community forum which I have not used very often then I have to go by EE employees surely? "  that obviously means that you do not believe what you have been told on this forum!

The moderators of this forum are BT employees and they know far more than the customer service reps at EE about what will happen to your BT email account when you move to EE but if you choose to believe the EE reps that is of course your prerogative.

Keep posting all you want about this but as I have stated you will not get a different answer because what you have already been told on this BT forum about what will happen to your BTMail is the correct answer which, being the point of the forum, is more helpful than the misinformation that you have been given by EE.

EDIT: In case you did not read the BT Moderators message that clearly sets out what will happen to your BTMail account that I posted previously I have reposted the link here.

What happens to my BT Email and BT Cloud if I move... - BT Community

Message 10 of 14

I hope you’re correct. Just pointing out that’s an old post. 

0 Ratings