cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 27

My inbox won’t load

Does anyone have a problem with their email client? My inbox won’t load yet if I search ‘All folders’ I can see my messages but will all the spam and sent also.

How do I get BT to fix his problem?

0 Ratings
26 REPLIES 26
Message 2 of 27

Re: My inbox won’t load

It would be helpfull if you said which email client you are using. If it is not the BTMail app it is not BT's problem.

Have you checked to see if its in your email clients Trash folder.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 27

https://email.bt.com/ is what I am trying to access. The inbox does not open on my laptop nor phone. I can access draft, spam and sent emails OK. Trash just contains what I put in there

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 27

I too am having an 'inbox' issue. I have Thunderbird as an email client as an emergency backup for my emails. Once in a while, I simply open it to download my emails, usually the last week or so worth.

This morning, when I opened it, it started downloading 100,000+ emails from the beginning of m,y email history. It's as if it had lost all record that it only needed to download the last coupe of weeks, not the last 20+ years!

No settings on Thunderbird have been changed. Is BT having a current issue marking their email 'headings' to allow email clients to read properly?

Message 5 of 27

@los4words 

I had assumed you were trying access your BTMail account by virtue of the fact you posted on this forum.

You said you were using an email client. I am trying to ascertain which email client you are using and as you have now mentioned that you are using a laptop and phone can you state which method you are using to access your email on each of those devices, is it by using a web browser or an email client such as Thunderbird or Outlook or by an email app such as the BTMail email app or the phone's own email app.?

Message 6 of 27

@Stephen5000 

Which version of T'bird are you using?

Is it set up as IMAP or POP3 ? 

There was a recent T'bird update about 8th Jan 2024 for/to Version 115.6.1

The following is just speculation on my part, I have not searched to see if there were any issues reported :

If you have it set up as POP3 part of the update included "New mail indicator for POP3 accounts did not indicate new messages ready to be downloaded".  which may have triggered something to re download emails.

Message 7 of 27

@gg30340wrote:

@Stephen5000 

Which version of T'bird are you using?

Is it set up as IMAP or POP3 ? 

There was a recent T'bird update about 8th Jan 2024 for/to Version 115.6.1

The following is just speculation on my part, I have not searched to see if there were any issues reported :

If you have it set up as POP3 part of the update included "New mail indicator for POP3 accounts did not indicate new messages ready to be downloaded".  which may have triggered something to re download emails.

Just checked, it's v115.6.1 and states it's, 'up to date'.  Yes, it's on POP3. As most tech, was working perfectly before any 'update'.

Is there anything I can do, or just let it run it's course and download 100,000+ emails, which I'm pretty sure will duplicate my current downloaded emails?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 27

@Stephen5000 

Stop T'bird from accessing your BTMail account. Just add a digit or two to your email address in its settings and that will stop it accessing your email account or turn of the device that T'bird is on.

Carry out some long over due house keeping and move all your emails out of your BTMail inbox and file them correctly!

If you have any recent emails just leave them in the BTMail Inbox, correct your email address in T'bird and it will now connect and only download the emails you have left in the BTMail Inbox.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 27

@gg30340wrote:

Stop T'bird from accessing your BTMail account. Just add a digit or two to your email address in its settings and that will stop it accessing your email account or turn of the device that T'bird is on.

Carry out some long over due house keeping and move all your emails out of your BTMail inbox and file them correctly!

If you have any recent emails just leave them in the BTMail Inbox, correct your email address in T'bird and it will now connect and only download the emails you have left in the BTMail Inbox.

If I was sensible, yes, I'd likely follow your advice LOL

However, I'm not. As far as I'm concerned, my 25+ years of (web) emails are already perfectly filed in my Inbox, and various sub-folders. Indeed, I had occasion last week to search for an old email and it found it in seconds using the built is search function (from 2007)

I'm just curious if I let T/bird carry on it's request to download all my emails again, would it want to do it every time I opened it...

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 27

@Stephen5000 wrote:
I'm just curious if I let T/bird carry on it's request to download all my emails again, would it want to do it every time I opened it...

Try it and see, let us know next week when it's completed the download how you get on 😄