cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 28

NatWest Reward Account. NatWest are blaming BT for a failure of emails

Go to solution

Hello BT community,

I don't want to get into the details of how the NatWest Reward Bank Account works but I've just come off a 1 and a half hour chat with NatWest because I'm not getting emails from NatWest with my reward vouchers.

NatWest have told me to change my email away from a btinternet.com email address. They are saying all account holders with btinternet.com email addresses are having the same issue.

Is anyone else in the same position? Was anyone even aware of this fubar situation? Anyone from BT care to comment?

Thanks for looking.

From the conversation:

17:11, Nov 28
You: Are you telling me every btinternet customer can not redeem rewards?
17:12, Nov 28
Revan: Please be informed that due to btinternet, the redeem haven't processed.

You: I don't have an alternate email address
17:14, Nov 28
Revan: All the btinternet customer is affected.
You: That is a joke right?
Revan: This issue from btinternet side.
You: BT are one of the biggest providers in the UK
17:15, Nov 28
You: Are you blaming the issue on BT ?
Revan: I can understand your frustration however, I can see there is no issue from
our end.

end of conversation.

Share and Enjoy

FP

0 Ratings
27 REPLIES 27
Message 2 of 28

Re: NatWest Reward Account. NatWest are blaming BT for a failure of emails

Go to solution

If NatWest are aware that there is an issue with all their emails to BT email users being blocked by BT it is incumbent upon NatWest's email team to contact BT's email team and advise them of the problem and between them try to work out what the problem is.

Do you know if Nat West have done this and if not why not?

Message 3 of 28

Go to solution

I did ask that question but the answer is vague to say the least:

=======

Revan: I can understand your frustration however, I can see there is no issue from
our end.

You: so where is the evidence that BT is the problem?
17:16, Nov 28
Revan: This issue id facing by many customer, who is using btinternet domain.

17:17, Nov 28
You: Have you approached BT ?
17:20, Nov 28
Revan: This is know issue
You: So do I get ny £25 back?
Revan: And btinternet also aware of this issue.

=================

To me it looks like the problem is being ignored.  I was asked by "Raven" to create a Gmail account so that I can continue to use my NatWest Rewards account:

=================

17:29, Nov 28
Revan: You can open any other different Gmail address for time being.
17:30, Nov 28
Revan: Once you update we can easily ramie the MyRewards escalation form.
You: Gmail. Is that secure?
Revan: Yes,

==================

Sad and very out of control.  I may need to consider who I'm banking with.

FP

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 28

Go to solution

Creating a Gmail account to test there assertions seems like a sensible step.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 28

Go to solution

Being told to use a gmail account proves nothing other than a gmail account works. It does not prove where the issue between NatWest and BT lies.

You should make a formal complaint to NatWest, perhaps their CEO, that they know there is a problem for BT email users and that they are apparently doing nothing about it. 

BT can not instigate or investigate a problem without knowing the symptoms and that would involve the NatWest 

It may be a BT problem but it might just as easily be a NatWest problem hence the reason that NatWest need to contact BT and between them they should be able to resolve it.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 28

Go to solution

@normalblaster This is interesting. I bank with Natwest and having similar problem. I exchanged £75 (£50+£25) Rewards for John Lewis e-gift vouchers last week Friday and didn't get the rewards until Monday this week but only got £50. Still waiting for the £25, I phoned Natwest and they say it can take up o 5 working days. I've never has this delay before, it's always been minutes before getting the the e-gift voucher through.

Message 7 of 28

Go to solution

Same problem.  I redeemed for JL e-vouchers but received no codes on 15 Nov.  Rang next day and spoke to Rewards team.  I received two lower value codes of £10 each but not the one for £50.  Since then have had 4 more frustrating calls where they said there were BT problems and also that the e-codes come on a Friday.  Gave an alternative non BT email and waited for a Friday.  Nothing.  I’m going to escalate to a formal complaint as it’s not acceptable - there must be many of us experiencing this.  

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 28

Go to solution

@Daffodil I have sent a complaint to Natwest and my case is now under investigation. I was not prepared to use another email address particularly the free ones as advised for banking due to my security concerns.

I don't think it is a BT issue because I received all other Natwest emails and even got the £50 John Lewis Rewards egift.

I told Natwest that I want £25 credited back into the account because the offer I was going to buy has gone.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 28

Go to solution

@normalblaster 

I had  a similar problem some years ago, (2017?), with a mailing chat list that I am a member of. The idea was that you sent an email to the chat list's address and it sent it on to all of the other members.

As an ex-employee,  I had BT Internet and @btinternet.com  email from the very first days when it was dial-up, and the chat list worked very well - until one day I realised that I was no longer receiving messages.

The btinternet.com email address was found to be the issue, (it also affected other list members on BT), so I created a googlemail address, and no problems since.

I changed my primary email to Google in 2020 - it was my lockdown project - and as far as I am aware, I haven't had any security issues?

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 28

Go to solution

@Dippuwrote:

I was not prepared to use another email address particularly the free ones as advised for banking due to my security concerns.

Are you saying that you believe Gmail is insecure and worse than BTinternet email?

You are completely mistaken.

What do you mean "as advised for banking"? You're not sending any bank details by email ...

0 Ratings