cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 56

New BT Email - Can't log out

Go to solution

I'm using Windows 10 & 11 accessing the new BT email from bt.com/mail on Microsoft Edge

I can't log out. When I click 'sign out' from the drop down next to my email address it takes me back to bt.com, but when I then go to email I go straight back in to email without putting my email address and password in.

If I 'sign out', close down my laptop and log back into my laptop and go to bt.com/mail it still takes me straight into my emails without having to put in my email address & password.

This is a security problem. It means anyone on my laptop can go straight into my emails. Please fix ASAP.

0 Ratings
55 REPLIES 55
Message 2 of 56

Re: New BT Email - Can't log out

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 56

Go to solution
Same thing happens, goes straight into my emails without having to login. (It also means I can't switch to another BT email address on my laptop)
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 56

Go to solution
I can log in and out of My BT ok, but not email
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 56

Go to solution

if using edge have you tried settings then microsoft wallet then password and see if your browser has saved your mail login hence why when you access you are immediately logged in

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 56

Go to solution
I checked Microsoft Wallet, I have 5 in there and none of them are for BT in any shape or form
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 56

Go to solution

If you are able to, try unticking the box "Keep me signed in".

To do that you may have to go into the Task Manager and close Edge from there or try clearing the History and Cookies which should log you out.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 56

Go to solution
I was thinking the same thing.
What I think has happened is someone at BT has changed "Keep me signed in" to mean forever, whereas before it just meant until 'sign out'.
Previously if you didn't tick "Keep me signed in" it would automatically sign you out if you were idle for a long period.
Unless you know otherwise it's not possible to clear cookies just for BT? Clearing all cookies will cause inconvenience all over the place.
I'm going to close Edge from task manager and see if that works
My wife is having the same problem on her laptop.
Message 9 of 56

Go to solution

Mine's the other way round.  Keeps logging me out.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 56

Go to solution
OK, I killed Edge from Task Manager and when I went into email I had to log back in with email address and password and ticked "Keep me signed in". I then signed out and it asked me to login in again, i.e. it's back to normal. Do you have any idea what could have caused the problem?
0 Ratings