cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 16

New Email System

Go to solution

In the new email system, I cannot enter a group email address from my Contacts LIst.  I have to enter the group individually.  If I try to select the group in the Contacts list then the group goes into the "To" box.  I always use the "BCC" option for my group lists.  This fulfills the requirements of GDPR.  What can I do to get my group list into "BCC" other than type in each email address individually?

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16

Re: New Email System

Go to solution

Have  a read of this thread and make sure you click on the "BCC" letters and not the address box.

Re: email contact groups not working - BT Community

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 16

Go to solution

I do click on the BCC box, it only appears when that link is selected.  It still will not select the Group list.  It results in an invalid email address.  I thought that it was because I had spaces in the Group Name so I tried renaming the Group from "A" "B" Group to ABGroup, where A and B are the other two names in my Group Title.  It still did not work.  With GDPR rules, I have to keep my distribution list private.  If I select the Group Name from the Main Contacts List , the contents are placed in the To option, which is useless.  I still have to input each email address into the BCC box individually.

Please can this be rectified?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 16

Go to solution

Are you clicking on the Bcc as shown in the following when you want to compose the new email?

Bcc.JPG

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 16

Go to solution

No the BCC now appears in the top right hand corner of the screen.  I click on that

mairead297_0-1705485571250.png

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 16

Go to solution

Yes and when you have clicked on that the Bcc then appears in the new email as I have posted.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 16

Go to solution

Yes it does.  However, when I enter the first word of the Group Name and hit the space bar an invalid email address with just the first word in it appears.  I have used my 2 group email addresses for 6 years now and this started on Monday.  I have a list of complaints about the new email service.  Maybe I should join the test team.  I am seriously thinking of ditching BT email as it is so bad on both my email addresses.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 16

Go to solution

The problem is not with the BT email system, it is with their hopeless webmail interface.

If you use a proper tool, a mail client, all your problems will disappear.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 16

Go to solution

Can you suggest one, please, as this is a bit above my technical knowledge?

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 16

Go to solution

Mozilla Thunderbird. Free to download

0 Ratings