cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

New Email interface Signature Footer only allows 1KB

Our Business Signature Footer, which was imported from BT Yahoo Mail and now from the initial BT Mail interface to the new 2024 BT email interface contains an image as well as text with our address and some social media links.

However, it is now badly spaced out and needs editing to be corrected.

When I try to edit it the NEW BT email interface says it only allows 1KB which is ridiculous, can't get any sort of image to resize that small, never mind any sort of ext. What is the use of a signature with such a small size in terms of data capacity?

Additionally, it appears the actual new BT email body also does not offer a text spacing option so any email text box has lots of wasteful white open spacing.

Can anyone suggest how to get this fixed?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: New Email interface Signature Footer only allows 1KB

In case you are not aware, it is against BT email Terms and Conditions to use their residential email service for business use.

See section 10 (a)

Email terms and conditions (bt.com)

If you are a BT Business account holder you should post on the BT Business Forum.

Home - BT Business Community

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

I AM a BT Business Account but regretfully have migrated from different inherited BT web email interfaces such as from BT ISDN, BT Openworld, BT Connect, BT Yahoo Mail and BT email over a period of 20 years, so kind of stuck with BT's email interface.

Cannot ask BT email questions on the Business account site or can I?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

You need to migrate over to Outlook, that is what BT Business customers use.

https://business.bt.com/help/article/email-security-and-hosting/email/comparing-bus-email-lite-micro...

Best to ask about them on the BT Business forum.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

The solution suggested by BT when we migrated to a Business Account is we still use BT Premium email services for our existing email accounts. I would have preferred your suggestion - but only if BT was able to migrate over our existing Mail folders and email history, etc. Not possible by BT before, all these past 20 years.

Hopefully now that the new interface looks a bit "outlookish" it may be a possibility we can look into.

0 Ratings