cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

New email system.

When I log into this new system, my emails appear but all greyed out. in front of them in the top third of the screen is a white rectangular box, totally empty. no amount of clicking anywhere on the screen makes this box go away.  eventually the box disappears of its own accord.  If I move to another subject i.e this help system it comes up greyed out with this white box again being a real pain. 

How can i sort this problem, it's driving me nuts. 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: New email system.

That to me sounds like a popup window from BT asking you to accept or manage their cookies etc.

I expect you have something like a third party browser extension installed, like a popup or an ad blocker installed.

With one of these on it is most likely restricting access to BT Email and therefore blocking you from accepting the BT cookies window by not showing it correctly.

You will need to either turn off these third party extensions, or easier option is to simply whitelist BT and BT Email sites in the settings of whichever third party extension you have used.

Once the extensions are turned off, or you have whitelisted the BT Email site, the cookies window should appear and you will be able to select it and move onto your emails as per usual. 

If it is still happening with the third party extensions turned off or whitelisted the site, then log out of BT and go to your web browser settings and clear your cookies and cache.

After clearing cookies and cache, simply quit the web browser used and restart it, then go back to BT and try again.

I do not subscribe, so please do not always expect a reply.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

If it isn't their accept cookie window, then depending on your setup, then it is most likely going to be their captcha box.

However, the fact that it is not displaying clearly on screen indicates to me that you have a third party browser extension blocking it.

I do not subscribe, so please do not always expect a reply.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Many thanks I'll look at what you've suggested. I'll let you know what I find.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Thanks to all for their help, I tried taking out my add blocker but to no avail. However eventually the system sorted itself and yes it's the cookie box. All works 0k now. 

Shame this new setup requires you to hit NEXT  when signing after your user name password etc. I keep hitting enter and nothing happens so I sit there like a prune... love it when they change things that make it worse. 

Ta again

Holmass

0 Ratings