cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Outgoing Emails Rejected

How can I fix this email which I have tried three versions and changed attachment from Word Doc to PDF

SYSTEM REJECTION TEXT IS:
Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject:     Personal Donation to be added to St Luke's Sevenoaks Christmas Gift to All Saints Marondera, Harare November 2023 #3

Sent:  06/11/2023 13:46

The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:

RECIPIENT Name and Email on 06/11/2023 13:46

550 spam, or phishing or malware.  Please check or edit your message and try sending it again. (6-1-3-2) ID (64D16E7308FECADA)

Peter A
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Outgoing Emails Rejected

Hi @PeterAshwell, sorry you're getting this error message. Check out: BT Email problems: error code 0x800CCC79 (Error 550) | BT Help and see if that helps resolve this problem for you.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Thank you John C2. I have just read the info you directed me to and my reaction is....Why now? After I have been sending emails with similar attachments (both Word Doc and PDF) to the same recipients for MANY years. I am set up as SMTP. Any suggestions wher I go from here to be allowed to continue my normal communications (to 4 people)?

Peter A
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

It could be because you are wearing a blue pullover on a Monday. This is BT email you are talking about, rules never make sense.

Just use Gmail and save yourself all the grief.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Thanks Licquorice - Green actually...you are so right 😞

I have sent same message/attachment by Gmail to a single recipient as a Test and so far I have NOT had a rejection from System Admin and awaiting confirmation of receipt . It is so painful...grrrr.

Peter A
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Hi John C2

I have run out of options in trying to send my message with and without attachment to each person individually. Each email has been REJECTED...

In the day of AI, does BT, in its efforts to reduce SPAM, read every email subject line and / or email text and if it "spots/reads" key words it decides the purpose of the whole Email is SPAM? Please be honest....since this is the ONLY email that I cannot send today out of many sent.

Regards, Peter A

Peter A
0 Ratings