cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Outlook 365 (new Outlook) no longer working with BT Mail

As of this morning my "new Outlook" on Windows 10 PC is no longer receiving emails in a timely fashion and cannot send emails at all - they are stuck in the Drafts area.

Web-based email continues to work.

Android-based email continues to work fine.

The problem appears to be in the (lack of) communication between New Outlook (Outlook 365) and BT Mail servers, at least running on Windows 10.

Anyone got any ideas how to sort this?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Outlook 365 (new Outlook) no longer working with BT Mail

Interestingly I now get the following error codes when trying to re-setup the "New Outlook" email

{"SessionId":"1c82b64e-d3af-f149-9289-4de4abd772db","Timestamp":1717507935187,"Error":"INVALIDCREDENTIALS TEMPORARILYUNAVAILABLE"}

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Are you presently a BT Broadband customer or are you paying for your email through a BT Premium email account?

If neither of the above your email account may have been downgraded to a BTMail Basic account which can not be used with an email client

See link

https://www.bt.com/help/email/bt-email-products

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

I am indeed a BT Broadband customer.....
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Have you tried a different email client such as Thunderbird or eM Client to see if it isa BT issue or an Outlook issue?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

No, I haven't - can't be bothered. I can use the web-based email which is not as easy to manage as Outlook.
I strongly suspect Outlook is the problem as the Windows 11 machine has the same problem. Basically, Outlook cannot send email and keeps messages in the Drafts folder. I will check Microsoft forums.
0 Ratings