cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 20

Re: Outlook sent items not syncing to webmail

Go to solution

Can you go into your Outlook settings and post what server/port settings you are using?

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 20

Go to solution

Hi

For both POP accounts the server is mail.btinternet.com and the port is 995. For my IMAP accounts the port is 993.

Port 465 is used for all accounts for outgoing mail

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 20

Go to solution

They are the correct server settings.

I have no idea how emails sent using your POP3 email account are being saved on the server and are accessible by your other email accounts via IMAP.

If you are using the same Outlook client on your PC for all your email accounts and have one set up as POP3 and the others as IMAP it may be that the IMAP accounts sent email folder is somehow accessing the POP3 sent folder or the POP3 account is mistakenly using the IMAP sent folder instead of the POP3 sent folder but as I said, I have no idea if that is possible or indead if what I posted makes sense!

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 20

Go to solution

Got me baffled, I've been using POP3 on Outlook 2003/2007/2010  and it has never synced Sent mail to the server.

Message 15 of 20

Go to solution

The POP accounts were saving only to the correct POP account on the server. They weren't accessible via IMAP.

Something has changed since March. I did wonder if both types of account using the same port for outgoing mail was in some way confusing the issue and now prevents saving sent mail to the POP account on the server.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 20

Go to solution

In the beginning when you set up a POP account you could stipulate which folders were included in Send/Receive. As I've used Outlook since then maybe the saving of sent items was a legacy from those days and somehow it has now been switched off.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 20

Go to solution

@Brac27 wrote:

The POP accounts were saving only to the correct POP account on the server. 

How do you know sent emails from your POP3 account were saved on the BT server and not just on the sending device?

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 20

Go to solution

Signed into webmail via browser. Items sent from PC were shown in sent items. Now sent items on the web only show mail sent before March 24.

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 20

Go to solution

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 20

Go to solution

I think I'm flogging a dead horse and wasting time trying to fix something that isn't broken. So many changes have taken place that at some time saving sent items to the server has fallen by the wayside.

I've changed my accounts to IMAP.

Thanks for all your help and time.

0 Ratings