cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Password reset alert email about a family members email address?

Does anyone know why BT seem to send the email to alert you to a password being reset to the main accountholder? I've received such an email but I did not change my password (& have not been hacked, all still working with current password), but my daughter did change her password on her BT email address.

It's very confusing!! Why doesn't the email make it clear which email address the email alert is related to?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Password reset alert email about a family members email address?

When you set up your daughter's email address did you "gift" it to her and did she set up her own MyBT so that she can manage the email account independently from you?

If not then the email account is managed by your main BTMail account and as such the notification is sent to it to alert you that one of your email accounts has had its password changed.

If you did not "gift" the email account to your daughter you should do it now so that she can manage it for her self.

See link and in particular the sub link " How to gift an existing email address to another person ..."

Creating BT Email addresses? | BT Help

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Password reset alert email about a family members email address?

Thank you, thats helpful. (I don't think I did gift it to her as she was a child at the time).

If anyone from BT is reading this forum, its very confusing that the email you send doesn't make it clear which email address has had its password changed - is this something you could improve please!

Sue

0 Ratings