cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Premium Email

Go to solution

I left BT (Broadband and TV) on 22 Mar but need to keep email for the time being - too many accounts linked to BT email addresses. I was informed that I had 30 days from this date to set up Premium Email or risk losing everything. I have navigated to Your Products>Email>Manage as per the instructions but there is no option to "Move to Premium email". I am fairly certain this is due to a system error where despite being disconnected from broadband and moving to another ISP on 22 Mar, my account has not been closed properly. Numerous phone calls to the Billing and Value Teams have not resolved the issue. Could a moderator please investigate, then contact me directly and help me set up Premium Email?

(Sorry for spamming the rest of the community - I'd rather deal directly with a technician, but this seems to be the only option I have)

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Premium Email

Go to solution

Have you spoken to the Premium Mail Team 0808 100 6778?

You won't lose your email address, it will be downgraded to Basic mail which is only accessible via webmail.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Hi licquorice

Thanks for the response. My wife has been in contact with the Premium Email team, and they've also confirmed that we won't lose email. This is in direct contrast to what I had previously been informed by BT. As of 22 Mar, we've also lost the ability to download any emails through a laptop or phones, which apparently shouldn't have happened. We are currently getting by with webmail and were told today that we have 60 days from 18th April in which to upgrade to Premium Email. I'll follow up with the Premium Email team as there seems no point in upgrading if the emails cannot be downloaded.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

If your account has been "downgraded" to a BTMail Basic account you will loose the ability to access your email on your laptop and phone if you are using an email client or an email app. 

As has been pointed out you will only be able to access the email account(s) if you use webmail, that is by using a web browser. This will be the case on which ever type of device you use  such as laptop, mobile phone, PC, Tablet, iPad etc.

You will not loose any emails or your folders but you are restricted on "auto forwarding" of emails and you will get adverts shown.

BT Email products | Types of BT Emails | BT Help

You can check to see what type of email account you have by logging onto your MyBT and going to "Your Products" > "Email, manage".

Once your email account has been graded as a BT Premium email account, the Premium part only being that you are paying a premium to keep your email account(s), your email account will continue to work in exactly the same way as when you were a BT Broadband customer. 

see the above link. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Hi. Thanks for the response.

I spoke to the Premium Email team this afternoon. My account was showing as Standard, not Basic, when I checked in "Your Products" > "Email, manage" and they could see the same.

As was pointed out to my wife earlier in the day, we should have been to access our emails via Outlook on a laptop and the iPhone email app - not just via webmail on a web browser. 
Only after downloading the BT email app on my iPhone, as advised by the support team when going through the diagnostic process, did I see a message when I tried to log on that indicated I had been downgraded to “Basic” email.
The Premium email support person was very perplexed by this and said he’d never seen this scenario before. After him escalating internally I have since been correctly reverted back to Standard email and am receiving emails via the iPhone email app and Outlook on my laptop. Apparently I should have this facility for another 60 days before I am downgraded to Basic email. At this point I do expect to only receive emails by logging onto webmail on a web browser unless I upgrade to Premium Email.

I’d like to thank Jack the BT Email support person who acted very professionally, didn’t make any assumptions, and stuck to his promise of trying to resolve this issue as soon as he could.

Hopefully this post might be useful to anyone else who experiences the same problem as me.