cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Problem syncing my btinternet.com email with my samsung phone using gmail client

Go to solution

My Samsung S21fe has stopped syncing my btinternet.com emails.

I have 2 email addresses - one is a gmail,com address the other a .btinternet.com address.

Usually I access both using the gmail client app.

but my btinternet.com address has simply stopped syncing.  the gmail,com address is continuing to work fine.

I have already restarted my phone, cleared cache, I have removed the btinternet.com account from my gmail client and then added it back again, but still cannot get it to sync.

Interestingly, when I remove the account from my gmail client and then add it back again it initial syncs ok - but only when I first add it back - then it immediately stops working!!?? 

Weird hey?? I have tried everything on my phone and app settings with no success so I wondered if anyone on the btinternet community might be able to help??

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Problem syncing my btinternet.com email with my samsung phone using gmail client

Go to solution

There are other posts about this and it would appear to have started after an update of the gmail app.

Try using another app such as Bluemail to see if the problem is still there. If it is gone then it would tend to confirm it is a gmail app problem.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Re: Problem syncing my btinternet.com email with my samsung phone using gmail client

Go to solution

Thank you - good idea I will keep that in mind for the future!

It appears that in the last 5 minutes the gmail app has sorted itself out as it started working properly again!!

Thank you for the idea for future though!

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Problem sorted!! The gmail app suddenly started working fine off its own accord!!

0 Ratings