cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Problems with btinternet.com email over mobile data on Samsung Email client

Go to solution

Bit of a weird one ...

Was out for the day today & noticed that my btinternet.com email accounts were not working on my Android phone via the Samsung Email App - kept getting a message saying there was a problem signing into my account and to enter password again which I did to no avail. A couple of other email addresses worked fine...

When I got home and my phone connected to wifi, the accounts started working again yet if I turned off wifi thus reverting to mobile data, same problem again.

I then tried to login to my btinternet.com email addresses via the my BT app (with only mobile data) and this was successful.

So it would appear that from today the Samsung Email App is having an issue with btinternet.com email addresses only via mobile data??

I've not changed anything and the Samsung Email App was last updated in January.

Does anyone have an idea what's going on and how to perhaps resolve the issue?  Thanks👍

Edit: just tried setting up one of my btinternet.com email accounts on the MS Outlook App and get the same issue only works over wifi, not mobile data. Has BT changed something in their security settings perhaps?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Problems with btinternet.com email over mobile data on Samsung Email client

Go to solution

I don't know why but this morning all is working fine again!

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Hi @LesC, thanks for the update and good news that things have returned to normal this morning.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

@LesC Mobile data and WiFi would connect to different servers. I guess the faulty server has been fixed.