cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 15

Problems with my BT Email

Go to solution

Hello, over past few wks I've noticed that logging on and off my BT email is very slow and when I do reach it, the following tabs are greyed-out ie cannot be used:-

Reply, Reply All, Forward, Delete, More

I only use a Chromebook. Everything has worked as normal until a couple of weeks ago. 

If anyone cud shed some light on this please? 

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

Re: Problems with my BT Email

Go to solution

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 15

Go to solution
  1. Try clearing the history and cookies from your browser.

Does this happen if you are connected to a different network such as at a friends house? 

If it is OK when used else where you could try a factory reset of the BT hub by pressing a pin into the recess button on the rear for about 20 seconds. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 15

Go to solution
I've done the factory reset and cleared the history and cookies. Any other suggestions plse wud be welcomed.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 15

Go to solution

Have you tried a different browser?

Have you tried a soft reset of the Chromebook?

Message 6 of 15

Go to solution

Thnx for that gg, but  I think it must be an issue caused by BT because all my other non BT email accounts work just fine. 

Not sure how to do a "soft reset" on Chromebook anyway. Not had it long and the word "reset" sends shivers down my spine 😂

May be I shud just stick with my other non-BT email accounts that work well, rather than tinkering with the actual Chromebook? 🤔.I will think on it again tomoro. I appreciate your suggestions though gg. 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 15

Go to solution

It is very probably a problem with your email account at BT's end however the suggestions were to try and rule out things that it might be at your end.

As regards the "soft" reset of the Chromebook it is basically forcing the device to shut down all programs that are running in the back ground so that the device can restart with no programs running that may be conflicting with another program. It does not restore it back to the factory settings or change any settings/ programs or folders on the device.

I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are very busy at present so it can take up to 48 hours for them to contact you. They will do this by posting on this thread.

Message 8 of 15

Go to solution
Thanks for that gg. 👍
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 15

Go to solution

Hi @ljm

Thanks for your posts and welcome back!

Sorry for the problems you've been having with your mailbox and buttons showing as greyed out.  Let us know how you get on with the reset.

If you're still having problems I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 15

Go to solution

To perform a "soft" reset hold the power button for approximately three seconds. This should automatically log you out of your Google account, save your work, and shut down your Chromebook. Once it has shut down, power it back up and try your email account.

If it is still the same after a reset you should contact the moderator.

0 Ratings