cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Re: 554 Message rejected for policy reasons

can you please contact me as i now have the same problem with forwarded gmail to bt mail being blocked

thanks 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

@roln1967 wrote:

can you please contact me as i now have the same problem with forwarded gmail to bt mail being blocked

thanks 

Are you getting the same error message or is it just that one gmail address that is forwarding the email to the BTMail account is blocked or are all gmail email addresses blocked?

If it is that one or all gmail addresses are being blocked without the error message have you checked the BTMail email account's blocked list.

Log onto your BTMail account using a browser, not an email client/app, and then click on your username at the right hand side. Select "Settings" then go to the left hand side and select "Mail". Scroll down and click on "Blocked Senders". Scroll down the list until you find the one you want to unblock and select it. All so check for the gmail domain being blocked. Click on "delete".

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

thanks for your reply 

i have checked blocked and safe email addresses and we are ok with them 

the message i receive back at my gmail account is 

554 Message rejected for policy reasons (2.1.2.3) on 2023/04/04 15:09:16 BST

this seems to only occur on automatically forwarded emails to my bt mail 

thanks 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Are forwarding using webmail or with an email client/app ?

Has the problem just started?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Hi @roln1967, sorry you're having a problem with forwarded emails getting this error.

I've sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch with the Mod team and we'll be happy to help you with this.

Cheers

John