cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 2 of 12

Re: Email issue

Go to solution

Tried changing my password.. and that just says the new passwords don 't match when they do..

is this all fallout from the mail migration ?

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12

Re: Email Problems

Go to solution

i've having same issue.. unable to access email from iphone.. pc or via webmail.. now locked me out of my account... whats going on ?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

Go to solution

Rather than posting on other peoples threads which may not be the same problem as you are having I have moved you onto your own thread where hopefully you will get answers to your specific problem.

What exactly is happening when you try to log onto your email account?

How are you accessing your email account, is it with an email client/app and if so which one?

What operating system are you using and which browser are you using when checking with webmail?

How are you trying to change your password, which procedure are you using?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

What exactly is happening when you try to log onto your email account?

Says invalid username / password. Then locks me out after 2 attemps

How are you accessing your email account, is it with an email client/app and if so which one?

Iphone / Webmail on PC Windows 11 Firefox / Microsoft outlook - THESE ALL WORKED YESTERDAY

What operating system are you using and which browser are you using when checking with webmail?

Windows 11 / firefox

How are you trying to change your password, which procedure are you using?

The one on the bt email website..

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

If the problem was on all your devices using different browsers and email client and just happened without you doing anything and you are unable to change the password it could be one of three things.

a) There is a email server problem that you are connected to at BT

b) There is an issue with your email account, possibly having become corrupted in some way.

or

c) Your account may have been hacked/compromised and the password has been changed.

Try turning off your BT hub for 30 minutes then when you turn it back on it will hopefully have been issued a new IP address and connected to a different email server.

If that does not help have you tried changing the password using the "forgotten password" link on the log on page?

BTMail 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution

managed to change password usign chrome.. wouldn't work via firefox..

can now login to webmail via chrome... doesn't work via firefox.. (got error about 'this page isn't redirecting properly')

Still doesn't work on iphone or outlook....

can you point me to where it tells you how to setup on iphone.. i will delete the email account on my iphone and try again..

i will also try your suggestion of getting new ip by router restart - thanks

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution

Clear Firefox history and cookies then make sure you are using the correct log on page. It is the one I posted in my last message or use the email button at the top of this page.

You should wait at least an hour to allow the servers to sync and then add the new password to your iPhone.

To do that go into your iPhone's email apps settings and change the password to the new password.

When entering the settings, make sure that in the Outgoing server you do not use the "use same as incoming" for the email address and password. Enter them manually.

Be aware that when you change your BT password on an iPhone/iPad/Apple device it may only change for INCOMING mail.

To change the outgoing mail password you have to go into Settings; then scroll down to Passwords & Accounts or on older devices Mail, Contacts, Calendars. From there select the BT email account and select the account where it is listed under IMAP.

You will find the details for the account and can change the password for the Incoming server there, the outgoing mail server only shows SMTP and mail.btinternet.com You have to tap on that Primary Server in order to find where the Outgoing password is hidden so you can update it.

You should check the server settings when you are there.

https://www.bt.com/help/email/manage-email-account/manual-settings/what-are-the-settings-for-outgoin...

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution

All works post password change. No idea what caused it all .. weird 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution

same problem again today.. can't get email on iphone or via outlook

login via edge using bt.com/email

i get this message

"Verify your identity"

"Your account is no longer secure. Please resecure your account to continue"

Whats causing this ?

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution
i got an email at 13:05 yesterday telling me
"We've protected your account"

How do i stop this happening... this is weird... someone trying to hack my email.. or has BT changed something ?
0 Ratings