cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Re: Error 553

I have been having this error code 553 for months now first it was if I was sending an attachment but now it is also if I want to send a BCC  to several members  PLEASE HELP  my problem is on my computer I have tried all the things tried by the others , I have had my email address with you since emails started I really don't want to  change but I cannot carry on my business like this 

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

One might ask why on earth are you trying to run a business on a flaky residential email system.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

My problem is that I have been with BTinternet since the internet started , all my contacts are on there and especially all my contacts that are in folders . I have looked at other emails but I cannot seem to transfers the contacts over  I have hundreds & hundreds of contacts I cannot I could not do it manually  . I am hoping I can fix the btinternet problem , but it has been days now and still no luck

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

The maximum number per email for sending to a group of recipients is 100 so keep your list below that.

There have been reported problems when sending BCC emails

Are you including your own email in the BCC list, if so remove your email address to see if it will now send.

If you are using a PC/Laptop you could consider using an email client such as Thunderbird and import your contacts to that and if you set it up as an IMAP account it will duplicate and synchronise your email account including your folders which is on the BT Servers.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

I tried by deleting my own address from the list that did not work

The rest of the email was way beyond my abilities I will try to get my son to help me , but surely with so many people having the same problem BT must be able to do something. I have been sending to the same groups without any problem for over 2  years and now all of a sudden they won't send 

But I truly appreciate you trying to help me

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

The moderators of the forum are aware of the problem and no doubt will be feeding back to the email team.

Meantime I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. The are extremely busy at present so may take some time to deal with it but they will advise you by posting on this thread. 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Thank you so much for your quick replies Happy New Year to you

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Hi @Sohara,

We will need to contact our developers and find out what's happening. It does sound like our spam vendor is limiting you.

I am going to send you a private message that you can reply back to my team through.

Thank you

DanielS

0 Ratings