cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Re: Historical emails have vanished

Hi,

I have just noticed that I also have many email missing from various folders. I only use email via  web browser and only use one device. I have not deleted them but they are gone. Hundreds of them. They all seem to coincide with the BT downgrades too. 

I have one folder that states it contains over 700 email. Click on it and there are around 50 left Nothing older than April 2024.

So many people are now starting to notice similar things. We have not all got drunk and accidentally deleted our old email. 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi,

I have noticed your same reply to many people. I have just noticed that I have many email missing from various folders. I only use email direct via browser and only use one device. I have not deleted them but they are gone. Hundreds of them. They all seem to coincide with the BT downgrades too.

I have one folder that states it contains over 700 email. Click on it and there are around 50 left Nothing older than April 2024.

So many people are now starting to notice similar things. We have not all got drunk and accidentally deleted our old email.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

@martin2000 

You are posting on a thread that is nearly a year old.

The most recent threads regarding emails going missing it has been found that in some instances the user had "Conversation View" turned on.

Make sure that the "Conversation" View is not active. To do that log onto your BTMail account and click on "View" in the menu bar at the right hand side. Scroll down and Single click "conversation view" to toggle it on or off. When you toggle it on or off you will see the name "Conversation View" change colour from grey to blue when it is turned on.

Message 4 of 5

gg30340. Yes, thank you. I tried changing settings and conversation view was one of them. They were suddenly all back. I came back on to report that and found your email. Thank you for taking the time to reply and definitely worked for me.
If you can tell me how do I stop the system from automatically ticking the next email for me, that would be great!
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Untick View after delete

To stop the next email being selected when moving or deleting an email go to the settings found by clicking on your user name at the top right then go to “Mail” in the left hand column. Then in the General Settings untick the box “View next mail after delete/move”. Then click “Save”.

Have a look at this link that I put together for further info:-

BT Webmail Work Arounds. - BT Community

0 Ratings