Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Re: Locked sub email account

Go to solution

Hi @NeilO 

I wonder if you might also be able to help me with the same problem as @FB8 

I'm in this dreadful loop where despite waiting way more than the advised time to change the password on the affected sub account (which I do successfully) as soon as I try to log in to the sub account I get the message "you have had too many unsuccessful attempts to login" and the account is locked for suspicious activity.  

Any suggestions gratefully received, thanks.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @stanstan welcome to the community, I'm sorry to see you're experiencing problems gaining access to your BT email. Have you tried clearing your web browser cookies and cache? Also, if you're using a VPN I'd recommend turning it off before following the password reset and login process. 

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks @NeilO 

Yes, I've cleared my web browser and cache (Safari on a Mac) and turned off my VPN. Alas, none of this has made any difference. I appear to change the password for the sub account ok but as soon as I try to log in I get the same problem - suspicious activity and claims I’ve tried to log in too many times with incorrect details and that I have to wait 20 mins! 

More in hope than expectation I tried logging in using my iPad but experienced the same issues. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

@stanstan Thanks for trying, we'll need to get a look at that for you. I'll send you a private message so you can send your details to the moderation team.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Hey @stanstan,

I am happy to say that your email has been set up on a new account with our Basic Mail service. I have sent you a private message with some details that you will need in case you want to manage the account  through MyBT.

Feel free to get back in touch if you ever need some help.

Thanks
DanielS

0 Ratings