cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Re: Missing emails

I have lost years and years of emails from my trash file. The oldest one is less than a month old. Can I have them back please.

Re the post below, there are no senders blocked. And of course 'sent' emails have disappeared from trash too

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

I have moved you onto your own thread because the one you posted on was in relation to a different issue to what you are reporting.

If your emails are no longer in your Trash folder when you log onto your email account using a web browser it means that they have been deleted from the BT servers and can not be recovered.

No help to you now but for future reference the Trash folder is not the best place to store your emails. If you do not want to delete them you should consider setting up a pending folder and move them into that and only once you have decided that you definitely no longer want the email, mark it as Trash.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Trash will empty itself after a certain interval. They are probably gone for good

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

I've been a customer for decades

A couple of years ago I had an email saying that my file was too big, so I went through it then and weeded it out.

Now with no warning I find the oldest email left is 5th Feb. That's no good, I want them back, and I shall then weed them again if you want.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

@prabtcom wrote:

I've been a customer for decades

A couple of years ago I had an email saying that my file was too big, so I went through it then and weeded it out.

Now with no warning I find the oldest email left is 5th Feb. That's no good, I want them back, and I shall then weed them again if you want.

See paragraph 2 of message 2 above.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

See paragraph 2 of message 2 above.

Message 2 was 'below' not above, and read

"A couple of years ago I had an email saying that my file was too big, so I went through it then and weeded it out."

Which is true

Now I find that BT has simply taken my emails and dumped them, without my knowledge. I can see that other customers have had the same problem. Is it BT's policy to do this or was it a mistake, please ? What are BT doing to recover their customers' emails ?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

It would appear that you have your forum page listed differently from how I have mine listed. My list is in chronological order where you would appear to have yours listed newest first.

What I was posting was what I had previously posted "If your emails are no longer in your Trash folder when you log onto your email account using a web browser it means that they have been deleted from the BT servers and can not be recovered".

0 Ratings