cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Re: Repeated wrong password messages

I get this exact same thing every few months. It affects all my email accounts - 3 in total. I can receive but not send emails as it says username and or password incorrect - but its not. I have no problem sending from webmail so clearly my passwords are correct. This is driving me insane!

Doing nothing isn't helpful as I cant send emails from my phone and I am out and about all the time. 

I need this resolved! Why does this happen over and over again! I have this problem at least twice every year!

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Hey there @Medicontrol 

Welcome back to the Community!

Just to be sure, are you using the pre-installed iOS mail app like the OP mentioned when you're experiencing this issue?

Also you mention it happens a couple of times a year; how long will you notice this for, and does it eventually rectify itself?

Peter

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Yes I’m using the pre installed iOS mail app.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Sometimes it rectifies itself, other times like this time it stays like this for ages and I cant resolve it. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

@Medicontrol 
When this occurs in the email client/App, are you able to log into the Webmail without problem, or do you face the same error? 

Ali

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Web mail is never an issue and is unaffected. 
I restart my device, restart my router, re-enter my passwords for incoming AND outgoing servers and nothing works on my phone. 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Thanks for explaining @Medicontrol.

Have you been able to try your email in any other email clients/apps or on any other devices to see if the same thing happens?

Does resetting the password help at all?

Michael

0 Ratings