cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 27

Re: SMTP server not working.

Many thanks for this, it’s appreciated.

There are clearly dodgy SMTP servers or over zealous rules at play here, possibly anti spam, but it clearly needs someone in the technical team to get to the root cause of the issue.

I’m clearly not the only one experiencing similar issues, as is apparent on these forums.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 27

robbie100: Interestingly, I use a VPN on my Mac for other reasons. Maybe that is why the Apple Mail works. Never thought of that. You are right though, as it stands Premium Email is not fit for purpose. BT are effectively giving me Basic Email for £7.50 per month. I am so angry.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 27

I am now back to exactly wher i strted with this last week and thought I had fixed it two days ago by removing the BT email account off my Office deskstop and reinstalling it, and it worked. That was okay up to yesteday afternoon, as I am now nack to square one /cannot connect to server'.

What the goodness is going on and why is noone from BT monotoring these concerns. Do they really want customers to stay loyal to them or, when first oppotunity arises, jump ship and move to another provide who can provide a positive customer experience?

The BT website is a disgrace. Its all over the place and links for help pages now showing pages with product promotions etc instard of that help. Neither is there a search facility, why. I'm angry as I have just paid my monthly bill o £65+, for what?

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 27

UPFATE: Just seen something about VPN and I paused mine for five minutes and the BT emails are syncing with Outlook, but only whilst VPN paused
0 Ratings
Message 15 of 27

Morning @Jim_Tennet @robbie100 @drifter 

Thanks for coming to the community and letting us know the SMTP server is not working as expected. 

I have sent you all a private message for some details and will feed this back to the relevant team to be investigated. 

Thanks. 

Leanne. 

Message 16 of 27

Hi again

Just thought i'd post an update on some more testing this evening.

I am currently connected to VPN (UK based IP address) and e-mails are sending with no problem at all.

However, when VPN is turned off and my public IP for my ISP is used, e-mails fail to send again, with the usual prompt for a password.

I know others have experienced similar, so hopefully this helps someone in the tech team narrow down the cause of the problem.

I've been contacted by Leanne (in this thread) and have been told that the tech team would investigate the issue, so watch this space.....

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 27

I agree that this isn't acceptable and that they currently have a product that is not fit for purpose. From my testing along, it is clear that the issue is at BT and nothing to do with my setup/connection.
This is backed up by the fact that yourself and others are having same/similar problems. Hopefully this can be fixed as a matter of urgency, but we shall see.
0 Ratings
Message 18 of 27

Robbie 100 - from what I have experienced from BT Help in recent months, is the lack of technical expertise in either solving the problem or unaware of what is currently happening in the industry that may or may not have had some impact on what the customer was currently experiencing. 

As I mention elsewhere, we are now communicatng with 'Guides' who, I now believe, are multi-tasking, as everytime I calll about an issue with BT the end of that conversation I am being offered new for example EE mobile calls & data packages etc.,

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 27

Drifter and robbie100: Not really a service is it?

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 27

It isn't a service that is fit for purpose currently, that's for sure.

With regards to tech support, I'd suggest they look at fixing this in a professional manner, otherwise I'll consider downgrading to basic e-mail and suggest other consider doing the same.

If they won't take us seriously then people should vote with their feet, as it's simply not good enough for a company the size of BT, or in fact any company for that matter!

@Leanne_T  Any update on this please? Are you able to confirm that tech support are looking into this issue and that it will be resolved as a matter of urgency please?

Thanks

0 Ratings