cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Re-open previous email account?

So, long story short:

Someone I know registered their youtube account (pre google) to a @btinternet.com address. They changed ISP's and BT removed the mailbox. They haven't logged into their Youtube account for a while and after doing so, it sends a verification email which we cannot access.

The BT article states I can create a new email address by going to Products > Email but that doesn't exist for me. I was hoping to create a new one with the existing address.

Is there someone from the BT team on here that could possibly help me?

Thanks,

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Re-open previous email account?

You cannot re-create an old email address which has been deleted

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Any email address previously created is never reused for security reasons, BT have now stopped new email addresses being created, if you're trying to recover the Youtube account you'll need to contact Google for an alternative option.

More info at Creating BT Email addresses? 

If you do not already have a BT email address, you’ll no longer be able to create one; this option was withdrawn on 26th October 2022.

If however you already have a BT email address, you can continue to create additional email addresses up to the 11 permitted*

*Basic email excluded.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

The original email account holder can re-use a BT email address but they will not be able to access the original contents of the email account. They will have been deleted after 60 days from the date of deletion of the account.

They would need to use their BTID under which the email account was originally created in order to re-instate the email address.

See link

How do I close or delete an email account? | BT Help

If however the person left BT and is returning as a new customer, they will not have the facility to use or create any BTMail email accounts as BT no longer offer that service to new customers after 26th October 2022. 

0 Ratings