Re: "Your account is temporarily locked"

Go to solution

I am having the same issue - how did this get resolved please

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Go to solution

sorry for delay only just noticed your message .it was a bt issue with there new email page i just kept trying then after a few hours it resolved itself , it was a pain as i couldnt acess my emails which are important to me i hope this helps regards gary 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution
you could try the resseting pasword . NOTE make sure it is definatly your bt email page you are logging into there is an increased number of fake scamming emails around trying to acesses your accounts these say there from bt email and say your service is blocked and to click ling dont do this login or try to on the bt login site direct / https://auth.bt.com/9e48dc1b-bb65-4264-9a66-21e9c24affc7/b2c_1a_rpbt_signin/oauth2/v2.0/authorize?re...
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Hi 

I have tried all your suggestion prior to my post, but with no success 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @Cully,

Your account has most likely being locked due to multiple login failures.

As an example, this could be an email client or app trying to connect with the wrong password.

I can help you with this. I'll send you a private message. You can reply back to me, and my team, privately.

Thank you

DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

try this go to the bt home page or my bt on far right side you have got email click that . you have a different password for your bt account to your email account so click on email put your normal email address and then instead of your password for your email put the password for your bt account i did this with mine and it worked for about a week then i just chainged passsword for emails i still think it is bt issues with the new server they did to update it all . just another thing i thought off if you have tried too many time to log in it will lock u out . and i just rememberd what happend to me last sunday i was locked out again this was due to me transferring over to EE i had to ring bt as they still manadge the email side and i reset my password with them online and the phone hope something works for you regards gary

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution
this was an old request over a month ago i am not sure why it is still showing regards gary
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution
mine did this again last sunday the reason was i renewed my malwerbytes subscription and it had a VPN with it so i had used it bt ee saw it as strainge activity so tempaeraly locked me out i chainged my password on line with there help been ok again since
0 Ratings