cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 41 of 46

Re: Received email with no sender, no subject and message converted to plain text

Thanks, let's hope it works.  I have a question though, having worked in IT, and wonder how the error could have occurred as any changes should have been the subject of testing before implementation, thereby eliminating such issues.

0 Ratings
Message 42 of 46

Re: Received email with no sender, no subject and message converted to plain text

No point in asking me. I just happened to start this particular chain as I was affected by the problem. You’d have to direct your question to a moderator. 
I expect to be getting a newsletter this week from my original sender (No sender), but this may not be until tomorrow or Friday. 
I have been asked to report back to Leanne if there’s still a problem, but I am sure that anyone else could do so. 

David

0 Ratings
Message 43 of 46

Hi @MDTamar 

Thanks for the feedback, as soon as we were made aware of the email showing incorrectly this was reported this to the relevant team. 

If you receive any new emails with the same problem please let us know. 

Leanne. 

0 Ratings
Message 44 of 46

Hello Leanne,

This issue seems to be resolved. My usual newsletter has come through showing the true sender and contents as normal.

Thank you for helping to sort this out.

David

0 Ratings
Message 45 of 46

I'm really glad to hear that these emails are now sending correctly @davidym 

Thanks for taking the time to come back and let us know too!

You take care,

Peter

0 Ratings
Message 46 of 46

Issue does appear to be resolved.

I did get a call from the technical department, as I understand it, in order to counter spam the BT algorithm was updated to identify those (particularly those with a gmail address) who regularly send circular mail to large numers of users.

All very sensible - but the bit that I don't understand is that I had already idendified the originator of the main affected e-mails as a safe sender. Why on earth would I do that if it were a Spammer?

0 Ratings