cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Recent email issues

Go to solution

The recent changes to BT Mail have been creating various problems for me and I wish they had left everything alone.  Things have got worse over the last 10 days or so.  Sometimes when I open emails they behave normally, but more often than not (and particularly when I am not going through them in order), when I click on an email it opens up in a small separate box.  Sometimes there is a 'view in browser' option which I can click on which seems to correct this, but often there isn't. 

In the small box there is a drop down menu of options, but what is missing is the 'print' option and the 'reply to all', both of which are important for me.

Another irritation is that the emails don't automatically go paler any more to show they have been opened.

Can anyone help as it's all driving me nuts.  Thanks.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Recent email issues

Go to solution

@LBMwrote:

The recent changes to BT Mail have been creating various problems for me and I wish they had left everything alone.  Things have got worse over the last 10 days or so. 

Yes,  many  people have experienced the same frustrations since BT changed their Webmail interface. 

Sometimes when I open emails they behave normally, but more often than not (and particularly when I am not going through them in order), when I click on an email it opens up in a small separate box. 

Try to open your emails with a single click. The small separate box opens if you double-click an email.

Sometimes there is a 'view in browser' option which I can click on which seems to correct this, but often there isn't. 

'View in browser' is a function supplied by the original sender, if they have put the content of the mail on a separate website. My local council and MoneySavingExpert (MSE) offer this function; it's not part of the BT Webmail interface. 

In the small box there is a drop down menu of options, but what is missing is the 'print' option and the 'reply to all', both of which are important for me.

So I see, I hadn't noticed that. Once again though, open your emails with a single click, where these options are available.

Another irritation is that the emails don't automatically go paler any more to show they have been opened.

Sorry, I cannot comment, my new emails appear in bold but revert to normal type after I open them. 

Can anyone help as it's all driving me nuts.  Thanks.

Read through the pinned Feedback thread to see all the other problems people have raised. Patience is your only option; BT are apparently working through the problems. 

And please remember, this is a BT user self-help forum, most of the people who post here are BT customers like you and I. All opinions posted here are personal and do not come with guarantees. 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Recent email issues

Go to solution
Thanks so much Peter, single clicking has got rid of the separate box, so that was my main issue. Still other irritations, but can live with those a bit more easily.
0 Ratings