cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Redundant e-mail addresses

Go to solution

When I compose an email and fill in the address, many options come up.  In my contacts I have only one address for this particular address, but several come up when I type in the address.  How do I get rid of these?

I found this via. Google - If you've got broadband with BT, select Manage Extras, then scroll down and select Manage BT Email. Premium email customers will need to select the Premium Mail link and then Manage BT Email. Next select the email address or addresses you want to delink and confirm. 

I can't even find Manage extra's.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Redundant e-mail addresses

Go to solution

The answer you have found on google has nothing to do with your problem so ignore it.

How are you using your email. Is it with an email client or are you using a web browser (webmail)?

If it is webmail that you are using, when you start to type in the address box this will usually bring up all the contacts in your contacts list that start with the same letter and as you type it will narrow it down with each letter that you input until it only leaves the matching contact.

Obviously you do not need to type the full contacts name if it comes up when you start typing as you can select it to be entered at anytime.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Email client / Wenmail - wouldn't know what's what.  Digitally dyslexic is me.

I understand your answer but I'll try to make my problem clearer.

I'll type in a name, lets XYZ.  XYZ has used several email addresses in the past and I've used these addresses to contact them.  I only have one address for XYZ in my contacts, the most recent one - for example XYZ7000@bloggsmail.com  In the past XYZ has used different addresses, namely XYZ1000@bloggsmail.com; XYZ2500@bloggsmail.com; XYZ5000@bloggsmail.com;  You get the idea.

Even though only one address is in my contacts, every address I've used for XYZ comes up as an option.  It's these I want to get rid of.  I've got a memory like a sieve and have on several occasions sent a mail to a redundant address.  I'd just like them not to be there.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

If you are using a browser that means you are using webmail. If you are not using a browser and instead are using an email app that means you are using either an email client or app.

Check in the Contacts section under "Auto Collected". They may be stored there. If they are just delete them.

If not it may be your browser, if that is what you are using, has them stored. When it brings them up right click on the and it may give you the option to delete them.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Excellent, thanks.  Seems to have done the job.

0 Ratings