cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 31

Re: SMTP server not working.

Drifter,

Before removing 365 find the PST file for POP3 accounts or OST file for IMAP accounts and save a copy. They may be in a folder within Documents entitled Outlook Files. Or they may be in a hidden folder AppData/Local/Microsoft/Outlook

Good Luck,

Jim

Message 22 of 31

Thanks for that suggestion. I was wondering if I delete the acconut from Outlook on my device and then try and reinstall it, wouldn't it then sync with the BT webmail? 

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 31

Drifter: If you are using an IMAP account it should be fine.

My wife's PC is now working using the NEW Outlook. Don't really know why the original was failing. BT confirms my Premium account is active. Looking at bank payments t it is a different account number - don't know how to log in to that.

Now I have to get to grips with New Outlook. ;-(

Message 24 of 31

Technology - don't you just love it!

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 31

I bit the bullet and deleted the BT email account from my Outlook 365 desktop and just attempted a reinstall by clicking on New. Microsoft pop up to ask for BT account and password - so far, so good. However, I didnt work and returned a message to the side stating. "Outlook desktop (MAPI) is disabled fot this user (diamond shape with ? within)s mailbox." 

Anyone have any idea as I am sure I'm not going to get a satisfactory response from BT's Guides now, please?

God forbid what will further happen at the company when this new investors with 25% of the share starts throwing his weight around and insisting on improved margins, as he is going to require a worthwhil return on his investment.  

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 31

@drifter 

Are you a BT Broadband customer and was the email account set up on this account or are you paying for a BT Premium email account?

Have you checked in your MyBT "Your Products" > "Email, Manage" what "Type" of account you have and is it showing as Active/

Are you able to use BTMail webmail (using abrowser) OK.

Have you tried a different email client such as Thunderbird to see if it is an Outlook problem?

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 31

Are you a BT Broadband customer and was the email account set up on this account or are you paying for a BT Premium email account? I AM A BT BROADBAND CUSTOMER. I DO HAVE A BT EMAIL ACCOUNT BUT NEVER BEEN AWARE IF IT WAS PREMIUM OR NOT. IT IS LITTLE USED AND ONLY THERE IN CASE ANY OF MY OTHER ACCOUNTS FAIL OR I DONT WANT SPAM.

Have you checked in your MyBT "Your Products" > "Email, Manage" what "Type" of account you have and is it showing as Active/ I HAVE LOOKED AT BOTH MY ACCOUNT ON BT.COM AND ON BT MAIL BUT CANNOT FIND ANYTHING RESEMBLING THAT TRAIL.

Are you able to use BTMail webmail (using abrowser) OK. WORKS PERFECTLY ON BOTH THE WEB AND MY ANDROID PHONE

Have you tried a different email client such as Thunderbird to see if it is an Outlook problem? NO, I HAVE ENOUGH PROBLEMS WITH TECHNOLOGY TO ADD ANY MORE TO BRAIN CLUTTERED DAY 😉 SORRY FOR THE CAPS BUT THOUGHT IT MADE MY RESPONSE CLEARER TO READ. 

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 31

No, it just means you are shouting.

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 31

Well show me another way of how I could have replied to that a list of questions. Not everyone looking for help is either technically minded or capable of expressing themselves when faced with a problem. A little empathy for them would go a long way before you start accusing me of shouting which was not my intention.  Thank you

0 Ratings
Message 30 of 31

If you have not been using the email account on a regular basis it will have been downgraded to BTMail basic account which can not be used with an email client.

See link to see if that applies.

https://www.bt.com/help/email/why-has-my-bt-email-address-been-suspended-or-deleted-

https://www.bt.com/help/email/bt-email-products

0 Ratings