cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 46

Re: SPF

Go to solution

Are you actually a BT broadband customer?

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 46

Go to solution
I do not understand “send via your domain provider’s email server”. As a very long term customer of BT I am quite happy with them and I have no idea what other problems might arrive if I switch for no obvious gain.
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 46

Go to solution
Yes, BT provide email, broadband, landline.
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 46

Go to solution

It's quite simple, instead of sending your domain name email via the BT email servers, simply send them via your domain host's email servers. Otherwise just add the the SPF information to your domain DNS record as posted previously.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 46

Go to solution
I think th etime has come to give up. What is simple to you completely incomprehensibloe to someone like myself with no technical knowledge whatever. I have no idea what a DNS record is or how to add anything to it. I have no idea whow to send BT email except via BT.

I think gmail people will just have accept some of my emails will not reach them.
0 Ratings
Message 16 of 46

Go to solution

You just need to ask your domain provider to add the SPF details

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 46

Go to solution
As previously explained the domain provider says it is not for them but for the email people.

However, BT have now passed it to their technical people.
0 Ratings
Message 18 of 46

Go to solution

If the problem is the lack of SPF details, it is nothing to do with BT, it is your host that should be implementing the details I posted regardless of what they say.

Who is your domain provider?

Did you actually read the links I posted explaining how SPF works and it's purpose?

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 46

Go to solution

As asked previously, what client (app) are you using to send the emails and how exactly do you have it configured? Are you authenticating the mails with a btinternet email address?

0 Ratings