cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Slow login to BT Email

Go to solution

I have had very slow login to my BT Email for several months - it can take up to 30 minutes. I can often speed things up by hitting refresh when the BT square logo is showing. I think - but am not certain - that the problem started with the new login procedure to Mail and MyBT.

PC with Windows 10 using wifi to PC, no other applications have this problem No problem logging in on my phone or tablet on either wifi or EE.

Any suggestions very welcome - but please keep it simple as I am not very tech.-minded

Thanks and best wishes - Roy Simpson

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Slow login to BT Email

Go to solution

Log out of your email account and then go to your browser's settings, if you are not sure where to find them try an Internet search,. Once there clear the history and cookies, if you have the option select "from all time".

Once you have done close and restart your browser then try logging on to see if it is any better.

Message 3 of 3

Re: Slow login to BT Email

Go to solution

Hi - excellent! This has certainly helped.

Clearing Firefox history and cookies gave an almost-instantaneous restart of my email. However, there was a further problem when I closed down and restarted my system in that BT Mail seemed to hang when another tab (BBC News) was slow to open. I have played around with the Firefox start-up settings and by re-ordering the sequence of Tabs I am now getting a rapid system start-up as well.

So, problem appears to be fixed so very many thanks for your help

Bets wishes - Roy Simpson

0 Ratings