cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 1

Sme emails not received

Hi, I have a basic email address - btinternet.com domain - with BT for about 15 years, after I left BT broadband and kept the email. Everything was going well until a few weeks ago when I started not receiving some of the emails. I am moving from the south to further north and am currently dealing with solicitors, estate agents... So about two weeks ago, I was so frustrated that my email from my solicitor had not been answered and after I kept asking them for an answer, they sent me their e-mails already sent to me, in an attachment and I received that one. I thought it was a one time incident but then it happened again with the Estate Agent and likewise, they sent their emails which I didn't receive, in an attachment. And everything was correct: my email address, their email, and of course I could see the date and time they sent it. And all these emails received or not received, they were sent in response to my emails. 

And everything was correct: my email address, their email, and of course I could see the date and time they sent it. And all these emails that I didn't receive were sent in response to my emails. And again the same with a gym cancellation confirmation which I only received when they resend me their original confirmation and I could see further down in their email, the original email which I did not receive.  And of course I checked SPAM, I checked all blocked emails and domains, I even recently deleted all my blocked emails and domains. And I added all email addresses including mine to SAFE SENDERS e-mails.

I called BT and they advised me over the phone to access my email via BT.com/mail, then I changed my password... but it's the same, and I've done that before anyway. The emails I'm not getting seem to be random as I still get some but less and less.

I'm using an alternate email now with yahoo and I check the bt one and noticed that for over a week there's been nothing in the SPAM folder which is strange as I've always had a few emails in there. 

What struck me was that when I called BT to ask for help they couldn't find my email registered anywhere and when I told them I was with BT Broadband and kept their email after I left, they told me that in this case, I have a basic (or standard, I can't remember the exact word) email, but I should still receive emails. 

Can anyone please, help me find why I am not receiving some of the emails? Is it because I have a basic email and I don't pay anything for it and maybe BT changed the rules for the basic email address? I didn't get any notification or advice abiut this. L

0 Ratings