cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Some emails not being received

I have an unusual problem with my email. I use an email forwarder provided by Fasthosts.com to forward mails from my personal email address to my BT internet email address. The majority of emails I'm sent get through fine, but every now and then I discover someone has sent me an email which I haven't received. I've checked the forwarding and they have sent me logs which show that the emails have been forwarded correctly to BT. But they seem to have just disappeared! Has anyone had a similar experience and, more importantly, is there a solution / fix? 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Some emails not being received

I have a similar problem. At least 4 people I know are sending me emails but I do not receive them.. not in my inbox or spam box. The email address they are using is correct, some using it for years. They are receiving my emails OK. I have tried replying to a test message from me, but it still does not work. Can anyone help at all please. 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

I believe the root cause of the problems I've been having is BTs servers deciding arbitrarily that some emails are spam and rejecting them (but not notifying the sender of such, possibly because any notifications, if sent, are not getting passed through the email forwarder - just my theory!). Try adding the sender's as "safe senders" and see if that cures it.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Thanks for your help, however I cannot see how to make an address a 'safe sender'. Can you help with that please?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Sure - log into your account on webmail, click on your name in the top right, go to settings and and you'll find safe senders under Mail on the right.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Make sure you have not blocked them or their domain (the part after @)

Log onto your BTMail account using a browser, not an email client/app, and then click on your username at the right hand side. Select "Settings" then go to the left hand side and select "Mail". Scroll down and click on "Blocked Senders". Scroll down the list until you find any of the email addresses and or their domain then select it and  click on "delete".

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

A big thank you. A new world has opened up. Who knew what lurked under my name on the right hand side! The safe sender has worked so far on 2 of the emails I have identified (the most important to me), with 2 more to go that I know about. None of them are in the blocked list though.  Thanks again

0 Ratings