cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Spam

I am receiving 10-15 spam emails/day and having to use the archaic method of selecting each one, blocking then deleting. On occasions the email has been blocked but still gets through!!!!!!

The majority are hotmail and include McAfee. What is more concerning some are of a sexual nature offering meetings etc?

Surely in this day and age it could be resolved? 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Spam

Is the spam going into your spam folder or your Inbox?

Blocking them is a waste of time as the email address you see will be spoofed to make it appear genuine. You would need to look at the headers of the email to find the genuine email address and block that and/ or the email domain.

You should not open the email to read its contents as this will alert the sender that they have a live receipient.

The BT email spam filter will eventually catch up or the spammer will move onto spam somebody else.

In the meantime you could try setting up a "Rule"  to "Disregard" if the email contains McAfee in the sender or subject etc?

As an aside if it was that easy to block spam every email supplier would already be doing that.

Message 3 of 6

Even if you set the rule with anything for mcafee and discard it still wont stop them as the rule doesn't do anything it seems to be just a waste of time

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

@kenvangie wrote:

Even if you set the rule with anything for mcafee and discard it still wont stop them as the rule doesn't do anything it seems to be just a waste of time

It works fine for me

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Hi Thanks for your reply. The majority of spam is received in the spam folder and a few are received in the inbox.
The blocking is better understood on the mobile app. When an address is blocked it will display the blocked original senders address and not the spoofed header. The trouble with blocking a domain as I have tried in the past is genuine senders Hotmail etc are also blocked. I have had to trawl my blocked addresses in order to unblock the genuine senders. The email has to be opened to block and delete, if I did not carry this out the spam folder would be huge.
How do I set up a "Rule" to "Disregard" that would be worth trying. Thanks
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Emails do not need to be opened in order to block and delete. Just single tick the box to the left and then go to the "More" button in the menu bar and select what you want to do. 

It is a waste of time doing anything such as blocking with the stuff that is in the spam folder, they have already been identified as spam, that is why they are in the spam folder.

It allows you to check per chance any genuine email as been incorrectly marked. It is up to you to decide if they are not spam and remove them from the spam folder if you want and mark them as a safe sender. When spam is in the spam folder just delete your spam en masse. 

Any that get into your Inbox, mark them as spam and delete them or block them if you wish. As per above, do not open them. 

Eventually the spam filters will catch up.

0 Ratings