cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Syncing

Go to solution

My BT mail on  iphone has suddenly stopped syncing with my BT email on the Laptop running windows, When emails are read or deleted  on my iphone its not updating with the account on my laptop. Please help someone

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Syncing

Go to solution

How are you accessing your emails on your laptop, is it via webmail using a browser or by using an email client/app?

Presumably you are using an email app on your iPhone, if so which one and have you checked to see if it is set up as an IMAP or POP3 account?

What happens if you read or delete email first on your laptop, does it replicate on the iPhone?

Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Hi.Thank you for your response.

I am using Firefox browser to access BT mail website and what ever way round I read or delete emails nothing is syncing. I have just deleted the mail app on my iphone and reinstalled the app but it has made no difference. This problem has only just started after several years running ok. I am wondering if a windows update has caused the problem.

I also have a hotmail email account and this is working perfectly between laptop and iphone.

David

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Are you a BT Broadband customer or paying for a BT Premium Email account?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

I am a BT broadband customer

David

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Which email app are you using on your iPhone?

Have you checked the settings on your iPhone to ensure that it is an IMAP account and not a POP3?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Hi

I have now solved the problem by reinstalling the mail app from iphone apps and copied the settings from my friends iphone and it all seems ok now so its obviously something i did wrong.

Thanks for your help

David

0 Ratings